As our IT BI Developer/Analyst, you will:
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for BI development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on BI products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate and select database/data warehouse components, database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools, and database design solutions.
- Direct, organize, and lead projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
- Lead the integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Produce ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
- Develop graphs and portal interfaces.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change, and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Act as a BI evangelist, helping to create a BI COE (Center of Excellence), for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
- Mentor and/or provide leadership to junior members of the team.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Ability to do database loading, staging process and loading data processes.
- Proficient in building Facts and Dimensions.
- Ability to do performance management of SQL DB's, and optimize query performance.
- Ability to create stored procedures, views and administration of user access to DB's.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the field or related area.
- Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or in area of specialty.
- Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses, such as MS SQL Server, Azure, Infor OS, Infor ERP (M3), Infor Birst, MS Power BI, etc.
- Demonstrated ability with ETL tools (MS SQL and/or Infor Birst).
- Proficient in Power Query and DAX and/or Infor Birst relative to creating BI reports.
- Proficient in making reports within Power BI Desktop and/or Infor Birst.
- Proficient in Deployments of Dashboards, Reports, and Apps.
- Proficient in deploying Power BI reporting to Embedded, within the PowerBI.com portal and SharePoint.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications.
- Experienced in manufacturing company environments.
- Certification(s) in area of specialty is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or in area of specialty is preferred.