Citi is looking for IT Business Data Analysts with broad experience and an interest to develop and Implement data management strategy. In this role, you will collaborate with other analytical users for developing the data strategy and solutions. As a Data Analyst, you will be part of a distributed team and work independently as well as in tight collaboration with the Data Stewards, analytical users and other shared service technology teams. We'll need you to be a great communicator and influencer, and, especially, a collaborator. You will regularly collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver technology guidance, requiring a clear understanding of the desired outcomes and a solid grasp of the overall technology roadmap.
This role is a Lead IT Business Analyst that will support the implementation of the Citi Data Management Policy and Standards (CDMP). The CDMP establishes minimum requirements for the implementation of a consistent and controlled approach to create and use data as a critical corporate asset across Citi. The Policy also establishes a Governance Model for Data Management, Governance and Quality across Citi. This positions requires extensive data analysis expertise and past experience in managing and/or supporting applications from a technology perspective. This role will directly interact and partner closely with Data Custodians (IT - Application Owners) for the implementation of Data Quality rules within application(s)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) with knowledge of reporting and analytics data along with business rules, ETL processes as it flows through the different systems.
- Responsible for coordination with data stewards, business process owners, application data custodians to support IMR root cause analysis and remediation
- Perform the root cause analysis for the Data Quality issues and Implement the solutions to remediate the issues.
- Shared accountability and responsibility with Data Custodians to ensuring mapping to accurate and controlled data sources; including safe, accurate and controlled sourcing, transport, transformation, and storage of data.
- Provide analyst support to document and maintain end-to-end data level linage, implementation of data controls, and documenting/maintaining technical metadata for in-scope processes and organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with Data Stewards, Data Custodians, and other stakeholders to maintain Data Dictionaries.
- Ensure Data Quality standards/ process are met and supported.
- Provide input during development and implementation phases, including formulation and definition of systems scope, objectives and necessary system enhancements for complex, high-impact projects
- Identify and communicate risks and impacts and propose risk mitigation options, considering business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Consult with business clients to determine system functional specifications and partner with multiple management teams and other units to meet organizational objectives
- Evaluate new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommend appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems by analyzing business processes, systems and industry standards
- Provide in-depth and sophisticated analyses with interpretive thinking to define problems, develop innovative solutions and influence strategic functional decisions
- Actively drive simplification of Technology environment by eliminating specific/duplicative platforms leveraging the Global platforms where appropriate.
- Enforce a consistent strategy, roadmap, and standard platforms documentation.
- Works with Product Managers to document translate business strategy into technology roadmaps and coordinating them with internal IT team and vendors.
- Work with partners to develop business cases to justify initiatives, and develop tracking mechanism to track finance request and tracking throughout the lifecycle of the program MIS
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) with extensive experience using Excel for data analysis
- Experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of business analysis
- Strong Data analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Knowledge of data, reporting and analytic functions preferably within a Financial Services
- Experience with SAS, Cognos, SQL technologies
- Experience with Abinitio, Teradata is a plus
- Strong Communication and presentation skills
- Strong background and proven track record in managing software Projects
- Superior execution skills and ability to drive results
- Experience managing day-to-day operations of applications, including management of data storage, data quality, data transformations and data transfers
- Extensive experience eliciting requirements during real time collaborative sessions withstakeholders located in different geographic locations
- Experience with Mentoring/Leading other data analysts
- Scrum/Agile experience
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred