IT Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Architect
This is your opportunity to provide world-class technology solutions that will directly impact the quality of a patient’s life. At New York Presbyterian Hospital Information Technology is at the forefront of our patient experience. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to develop your career while creating solutions and services that will improve the welfare of others. If growing your career in technology while creating solutions that improve the lives of others inspires you, then a career at New York Presbyterian Hospital awaits you.
As the IT Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Architect (BCDR Architect) you will provide leadership and vision for the NewYork-Presbyterian enterprise IT BCDR Program. You will lead the Business Continuity Management (BCM) governance framework that is consistent with general regulatory requirements and ensure industry best practices/standards are developed, maintained and adhered to across the Enterprise. Leading the NYP IT BCDR program will include: business resumption, system recovery and restoration, and overall IT support for NYP hospitals during natural disasters and cyberevents/outages. In addition, you will lead all business continuity planning and events, develop and facilitate enterprise-wide training exercises, relationship management with external vendors, and development of corporate business continuity policy, standards, and guidelines. You will also collaborate with NYP Emergency Response team leadership in maintaining and developing integration of IT and Emergency Response Business Continuity objectives.
- Master’s in Information Systems or relevant field
- Industry certification in one or more of the following: CBCM, CBCP, EDRP, BCI, DRCS, DRCP, PMI, ISC, ITIL, or others relevant to the job description
- Bachelor’s in Information Systems or equivalent degree
- Five to seven years of direct work experience in IT Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Management, including management-level experience
- Demonstrable experience with BCDR core concepts including BIA analysis, DR plan documentation, BC & DR exercises, emergency management communications
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology, systems and architecture