Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is a rising star in the financial services industry. At Home Point, we created a culture that encourages community, caring and open communication. We want our associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special? Our “We Care” approach in all that we do. At HPFC we collaborate, question the norm, reinvent and help each other succeed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The BA is a capable technologist that will be the primary liaison between the business and the development team. The position applies IT and business knowledge and experience to formulate an IT solution or process change to solve a business problem. The Business Analyst is the project lead for solution design. He/she identifies and articulates the business need in a structured requirements development process, assesses technical system capabilities, works with IT team to recommend appropriate solutions, and develops and leads testing and issue resolution activities necessary for validating core requirements. The candidate will require strong communication skills and be capable of conducting consultations with all levels of staff and management.
- Facilitates the development of business requirements for technical solutions by acting as a liaison between the business users and various technology groups
- Works closely with business managers to gain in-depth understanding of business issues.
- Identifies, analyzes, and translates business needs into functional specifications
- Makes recommendations and proposes technical/non-technical solutions to solve business problems and meet business requirements
- Works in an agile environment, utilizing Epics, Features and User Story method to scope out requirements with the Scrum team
- Designs, creates, and documents process flows, technical requirements lists, specifications, diagrams, scenarios, mockups, and/or models for the development team using Visio, MS Word, Excel, PDF, SharePoint, and other like tools.
- Reviews business and system requirements with stakeholders (either in standups if Scrum or individually if not) and obtains approval to proceed
- Assesses business risk, potential severity, probability and strategy
- Serves on assigned projects and delivers required artifacts
- Enforces established guidelines and best practices
- Conducts root cause analysis and assesses risk and required escalation points
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Improves systems and processes by studying current practices and suggesting modifications
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures
- Develops and performs system testing
- Point of contact for business’ user acceptance testing (UAT). Tracking results, triaging defects
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- A minimum of 5 years of cumulative experience as a business analyst or 3 years of experience as a business analyst combined with 3 or more years of related experience in mortgage lending
- Experienced testing software. Both scoping and execution
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; Ability to analyze problems and work from issue identification through resolution quickly and methodically
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Candidate must be able to conduct needs assessments with clients to identify business and marketing requirements to translate into business requirements
- Experience with all phases of the SDLC, including gathering requirements, creating user cases, workflow diagrams and documentation
- Advanced knowledge of technical documentation methods and procedures
- Ability to work effectively with multiple project deliverables of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with both business and technology staff; comfortable initiating conversations with non-technical peers within the organization, as well as the ability to translate business issues and requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external clients
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, etc.)
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented. Flexibility to adapt to change and willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the mortgage or finance Industry, loan manufacturing process
- Experienced with SQL, .Net platform, Azure
- Experience with the Encompass loan operating system or similar system