Need IT Technical experience as part of the IT department; will work with all business units, Finance, Underwriting, Claims, HR etc.
Summary: The Business Analyst is responsible for understanding, analyzing, and documenting business needs and translating needs into a conceptual / logical design and system requirements. The Business analyst plays a critical role as a liason between IT and the business and mentors the business toward best practices in system utility. The Business Anayst documents business, functional and non-functional requirements ensuring tracability into test strategies and plans, and supports the business users during testing and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business processes, systems and user requirements.
* Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
* Reviews and edits requirements, specifications and business processes and makes recommendations related to proposed solutions.
* Develops testing scenarios and expected results relative to specific software specifications and development.
* Performs regression, unit, and system software testing per test plans.
* Communicates issues and verifies issue resolution.
* Develops and communicates workarounds to business processes and system problems.
* Generates structured status charts throughout the testing phases at the direction of a testing coordinator.
* Retest code fixes delivered by software vendors and programming staff.
* Assists in assembling test team members from functional areas as needed for user acceptance testing.
* Creates application documentation to assist in the support and training of users.
* Maintains historical record of test data to be accessed as necessary
Diploma/Degree & Experience:
* Bachelor?s Degree required
* 3 years Business Analyst and Software Testing Analyst or related work experience required
* 3 years of related experience in support or application development preferred
* 1-3 years of Commercial Property and Casualty insurance experience required
* Experience with Agile / Scrum development
* Business Analysis or Software Testing Certification preferred