The Business Analyst, Lab Informatics is responsible for planning, design, configuration, deployment, and support of Lab Informatics systems in support of Technical Development and Operations and Research and Development operations and processes. The Analyst must be able to provide both application support as well as technical support and project management. This includes gathering and analyzing requirements in support of business use cases and proposed projects as well as performing system administration functions. This individual will apply advanced communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments. Examples of implementations to be supported include; Labware, Empower and NuGenesis
% of Time
- Provide day to day and scheduled application support; respond to application support issues from multiple business customers.
- (Including fielding incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve enterprise applications and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical enterprise application systems. Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.)
- Collaborate in the planning, requirements development, design, configuration, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- (Including partnering with business functions to identify process gaps, recommending/designing solutions and developing and documenting the optimized business processes and change initiatives.)
- Analyzes business scenarios and identifies opportunities for improvement through automation and/or business process redesign. Creates visual depictions of system, document configuration, application functionality and integration modifications needed to support business requirements; Collaborates with fellow IT colleagues to align, prepare, configure and verify technical requirements of the application and create alignment and a robust post implementation support model.
- Creates SDLC project deliverables including requirements specifications, design, configuration, and testing (including validation deliverables).
- Work with software vendors to understand existing and future release functionality including execution of protocols, perform testing sequences and change controls.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, computer systems design or computer science or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in IT building and supporting Lab systems
- Expertise in Lab Informatics systems such as; Labware, Empower, Nugenesis, Benchling
- Proficient working within an SDLC framework (Delivery, Testing, Software Quality Assurance, Change Management)
- Proficient knowledge of Quality Assurance/Compliance, 21 CFR Part 11 and other regulations required.
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure, system administration and Windows PC operating systems
- Prior experience working in the Life Science industry including pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device a must.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Ability to model business processes and application data flows to clarify requirements and facilitate design
- Ability to analyze and define functional requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Effective project management skills are essential; change management capability and desire to innovate and lead change.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills; excellent communicator with active-listening skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in either waterfall or agile implementation methods
- Proven adaptability to shifting project schedules, priorities, and assignments; able to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to identify, articulate and coordinate critical path activities for project execution, incident management and project execution.
- Demonstrated self-directed, problem solver in a dynamic, fast-growing, fast paced, team environment.
- Proven experience in planning, installation, configuration, and implementation of software solutions.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- PC literacy required; MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), 21 CFR Part 11, Annex 11, Compliant GxP Computerized Systems (GAMP5), and other regulatory requirements or policies
- Able to exercise independent judgment and act.