- Collaborate with business users and analyze user requirements.
- Lead BI efforts for enterprise projects through entire project lifecycle; Lead analysis, architecture, design and development of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions; Analyze data sources, requirements and business rules, perform logical and physical data modeling, write prototype SQL to prove data transforms, write specs for ETL development, implement and test database design
- Design and develop Integration (ETL, ELT, Data Governance, MDM) processes using MS SQL Server 2014 SSIS and other related tools/technologies
- Collaborate in the creation/enhancement of data platform solutions (Data Marts, Cubes) to facilitate decision making
- Design, develop, deploy, maintain, monitor, and tune SSIS ETL solutions to incrementally load Enterprise Data Warehouse and Enterprise reporting systems.
- Work with cross functional teams to collect requirements, analyze, identify critical metrics and KPIs and design BI or Reporting solutions to meet business needs.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and support business owners to identify performance trends.
- Utilize industry best practices and generally accepted procedures to help develop and enhance technical coding standards for the team
- Perform well under pressure, with ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technical field preferred
- 7-10+ years of experience, specializing in BI solution architecture, design, and development.
- Technical Specialization in: SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server MDM, DQS, SQL Server Reporting Services and other related technologies
- Familiarity with database centric applications, elegantly engineered data warehouse solutions
- Strong background in Data Warehousing principles and Data Modeling, specifically design and delivery of star-schema based data marts
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Microsoft BI (Business Intelligence) certification a plus
- At least 7-10years in technical development in a Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environment in support of:
- Design of physical data models
- Design and delivery of ETL solutions using SSIS/SSDT-BI
- Designing and developing data quality, master data management or similar solutions
- Experience delivering Kimball methodology-based DW solutions a plus
- Minimum 6-8+ years of SQL query development experience with solid SQL optimization and relational database knowledge
- Excellent analysis, development and requirements gathering skills
- Ability to establish and sustain strong business relationships and effectively prioritize business needs
- Outstanding communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with strict attention to accuracy and detail, and the ability to evolve data into knowledge
- Passion for delivering highly available, robust BI solutions