This position is accountable for providing leadership and business analysis consulting to managers and business owners for large, complex projects. The incumbent performs needs assessments, feasibility analyses, and requirements gathering, and prepares basic cost/benefit analyses. S/he negotiates agreement and commitment by facilitating communication between business units and IT from initial gathering of requirements through implementation. S/he provides business analysis leadership in the planning and execution of process and technology projects. S/he identifies process improvement opportunities. The incumbent is responsible for completing assigned activities and projects on schedule according to cost, benefit, and quality objectives.
Framework General Profile and Scope
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions and approaches changes with flexibility
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Provide leadership to assigned projects that are broad in scope or deep in complexity operating through staff in a project environment. Work collaboratively with business resources, IT, and business analysts for the purpose of needs assessment, work direction, and issue resolution. Analyze business operations to understand strengths and weaknesses and perceived and unperceived needs, and identify improvement opportunities in the three areas of people, process, and technology. Balance all three and ensure each is optimized appropriately in conjunction with the others. Exercise initiative and creativity in seeking solutions to business issues and problems. Consult with key stakeholders in understanding the impact of process or technology changes, evaluate alternatives, and design solutions. Oversee development of requirements, and work with steering committees, business owners, and project teams to prioritize activities and estimate resources. Participate in vendor negotiations and contract development. Share responsibility for business results.
- Effectively utilize the Requirements Management, System Development, and Project Management methodologies to deliver assigned activities which meet business and project goals and objectives. Use technical concepts and techniques such as business process modeling, context diagrams, use cases, and state transition diagrams to scope, communicate, and document requirements.
- Oversee the effective and efficient use of technology to support business process modeling, the development and maintenance of business rules, and documentation as defined by business process, system, and product owners. Maintain awareness of ongoing development and maintenance activities.
- Work with staff to coordinate the quality assurance phases of test planning, testing, defect resolution, and test tracking. Help ensure software meets or exceeds specified requirements.
- Provide project supervision, coaching, and guidance to business analysis and testing staff environment in support of projects and assigned activities.
- Work with training staff to coordinate business system training and maintain business system documentation. Help ensure system training occurs in coordination with related process or people training.
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or trade-off in related professional work experience.
- 5+ Years of related work experience
- 3 years of recent project-related work experience in project management, business analysis, process design or technology development
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use and practice the Requirements Management methodology in complex environments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use and practice the Project Management methodology.
- Thorough knowledge of technical concepts, including software development and design and business process modeling, and ability to understand mathematical formulas and complex algorithms.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated planning and facilitation skills and ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, logically, tactfully, and effectively, both verbally and in writing, including presentation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team-building, and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and customer service skills, and ability to create alliances and establish and contribute to a high degree of teamwork and collaboration with diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and ethically navigate organizational dynamics and company culture so as to produce business and project results by influencing key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge, influence, and persuade, directing a group of stakeholders to the best decision
Position Specific Requirements:
- Analyzing/understanding data from multiple small to medium complexity data sources
- Ability to communicating details on ideas/findings/thoughts in different levels of forums
- Ability to define business or technical data analysis standards
- Influencing design decisions as it relates to data
- Proficient in XML
- Proficient Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
- Ability to work with on/offshore vendor partners
- Good communicator and proactive approach to daily activities
- Positive and problem solving attitude
- Proficient in Agile project methodology
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across the organization
- Very strong analytical complex thinking
- Ability to communicate back to non-technical stakeholders in a easy to understand manner