We are looking for IT Business Analyst for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: IT Business Analyst
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- Business Processes Analysis and Development ensuring streamlining for efficiency and effectiveness as it relates to internal processes, integration with statewide processes, and customer friendly services.
- Consideration must be given to technology, accountability and customer friendly solutions.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Able to facilitate the gathering of business requirements. Focuses on what is needed to accomplish the requirements of the business area. This is a subject matter expert role. Responsible for the business requirements and system/user acceptance testing. Experience with SC state government financial policies, rules & regulations are necessary as this position requires IT Business Analyst, financial, management, training and auditing experience to accomplish the requirements.
- Serves as a liaison between the business area and statewide teams in order to provide technical, accountable and customer service solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business area and statewide, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities. Analyzes business operations to understand strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assists in the business process design and documentation as needed for new & existing technology. Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Educates the organization units on the direction of the business. Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between the business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation. Possesses an understanding of technological, business and management trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to the business unit.
Specific duties & responsibilities include:
- Review and analyze current business processes to ensure optimum use of technology, accountability and customer service solutions as appropriate for the business area, ensuring compliance with state financial and other policies, procedures and regulations, as well as, audit requirements.
- Determine requirements for any new IT process recommendations and work with the users and systems statewide functions and IT teams to accomplish, implement, document and test the proposed processes.
- Analyze and document business processes for financial and other staff, as appropriate, from a business management perspective taking into account agency resources and mission.
- Train staff in the use of new systems and/or technology and business processes within the business area, as appropriate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 10+ yearexperience as IT BA.
- Work closely with others in a team environment
- Able to work independently, self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills ? verbal and written
- Public Sector/Gov?t ExperienceRequired
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- SAP and other systems knowledge & Experience
- SC State government policies & procedures
- Mastery technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes to include management background. Typically possesses a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Auditing experience
- Training experience
- Bachelor?s Degree or Master?s degree