$80K — $100K *
We are seeking a Business Analyst with a minimum of 5 years of business analysis experience. The Business Analyst is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the requirements throughout the project or program lifecycle. The primary role of the Business Analyst is to translate business requirements into technical specifications, maintain relationships with the business, and drive standard business processes across the IT projects. The BA should have an understanding of business priorities and the relative importance of their projects. This analyst is able to identify multiple approaches to problem-solving and recommend the best solution. A BA must conduct thorough business process analysis to understand existing workflows and systems, document current processes and systems, create requirements for new processes, develop use cases, and manage requirement changes. Furthermore, a BA must possess strong technical acumen with the ability to translate information and research into non-technical language as necessary to effectively communicate across teams.
• Utilizing key stakeholders and other available resources research, facilitate discussions, analyze and evaluate options and provide recommendations to the Project Manager
• Conducts business needs and functional/non-functional requirements elicitation and complete functional requirements documentation through the full sign off process for project documentation
• Documents procedure and policy changes from current state model showing future state impacts of project and manage through the full sign off process
• Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
• Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other non-functional requirements.
• Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
• Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable and that they conform to standards.
• Participate in requirements prioritization.
• Oversee requirements tractability across project lifecycles.
• Collaborate with Quality Control, Project Managers, Technical Leads and Business Leads to ensure Business acceptance.
• Perform Quality Testing on Projects when needed.
• Continuous contact with IT team – project managers, business users, engineers, software developers.
• Continuous contact with project stakeholders – senior management, managing directors & vendors.
• Experience: 5 + years of direct experience as a Business Analyst.
The list below is measurable or observable knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or behaviors that are required to succeed in performing the essential functions.
• Minimum of 5 years of previous experience as a Business Analyst (including technical/requirements development)
• Demonstrates strong analytical acumen including thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs, model business functions, and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Demonstrates proven IT knowledge of business analysis processes and functions.
• Demonstrates strong analytical and project management skills, including thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs, model business functions, and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Strong collaboration, multi-tasking, and organization skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, taking a lead role in coordinating efforts.
• Demonstrates proven ability to prioritize team tasks and drive other project team business analysts toward successful project completion.
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the industry and trends.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft standard desktop applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, and interact daily with all levels of staff, including Project Managers, system developers, engineers, and Operations team members.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Valid through: 9/24/2020