The IT Business Unit Lead Analyst will be a part of the GFTS Business Office team and will work closely with managers and associated support groups to complete data validation, reporting and will be involved in the overall operations of the large, international technology group. The ideal candidate would have prior experience in business support functions such as Business Office, Finance, Strategy & Planning, Financial Control, or Technology Project Management and would be familiar with finance technology project management, budgeting, reporting, as well as with financial institutions policies and procedures.
- Assist Senior Chief of Staff in effective management of the Senior Technology Manager’s organization in multiple areas across Budgeting and forecasting, Headcount Management, Contracts Management, Program governance and Accomplishments reporting. Assist in yearly budgeting process and maintain forecasts for technology groups: communicate deadlines, follow up on deliverables to ensure timely execution, review data to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Manage headcount forecasting - review requests to add staff/contracts and ensure they are within the budget. Compare green dollar forecast with project time tracking. Review actuals and resolve discrepancies. Track contractors and employee requests/requisitions.
- Assist in Contract Execution - ensure appropriate process is being followed for new Statements of Work and partner with the managers, vendor and procurement to get approvals and contracts executed.
- Provide required guidance on the Program / Project governance rules and Book of Work in Project Tracking System.
- Assist in the Software Management Process, as needed
- The candidate must demonstrate energy and dedication, be goal-oriented and self-sufficient.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills - follow through to complete project with minimal supervision
- Must be proficient in Excel (pivot tables) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical skills and a commitment to quality/attention to details.
- Excellent presentation and documentation skills.
- Proven success in establishing relationships with various stakeholders and technology groups
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team – being able to collaborate in a remote team setting and work with global teams
- Act as contact point for all information relating to business unit, train users as necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities and a significant volume of diverse tasks while consistently delivering high quality work.
- Proven ability to execute against aggressive timelines and within an environment of organizational change.
- The position requires the ability to work with resources at various levels of the organization.
- Prior Citi experience with good references and track record would be preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in a Business Office / Strategy & Planning Information Technology role in Finance / Banking / Accounting domain
- 6+ years of experience with Microsoft product suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint, skilled with data queries and formatting, pivot tables, report writing, and presentations.
- Prior experience with contract vendor/contract negotiations is a plus
- Proven interpersonal, data analysis, diplomatic, management and prioritization skills
- Possess clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities and build/develop working relationships
- Proven self-motivation to take initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and approach work methodically with attention to detail
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred and/or equivalent experience