Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 60,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion.
Position Title: IT Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
The Business Intelligence Developer provides technical expertise and direction in developing and supporting an enterprise business intelligence platform, interfacing with the various business units across the organization on their reporting and analytic needs. This individual participates in all phases of the development life cycle. S/he is also responsible for defining standards, production support and maintenance of the BI environment, and works with the team on system performance optimization and interoperability issues. Above all, this individual makes certain that the reporting and analytic solutions meet business objectives and builds a high level of user trust and confidence in the BI group’s knowledge of and concern for the users’ business needs. This individual must also demonstrate a willingness to work with and mentor associates of varying levels of technical expertise within the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide second-level application support. Resolve problems and answer questions related to the business intelligence environment and layered products; contact vendor support when necessary; facilitate customer problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
- Closely monitor performance of business intelligence environment; identify problems and implement solutions; ensure the reports are running at optimum speed and efficiency.
- Install and upgrade the organization’s business intelligence platform. Keep the business intelligence platform at current release and maintenance levels; install supporting products; provide a current, stable business intelligence environment.
- Develop and maintain standardized reports, dashboards and portals utilizing the business intelligence platform’s software developer tools.
- Develop an optimized self-service environment for business users to build reporting solutions and perform advanced analytics on the data.
- Establish, administer, and monitor security in the business intelligence environment including the setting of appropriate end-user data access.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new business intelligence processes, and other post-implementation support.
- Oversee the implementation of modifications and enhancements to the business intelligence environment in regards to technical changes and change management.
- Communicate reporting changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management and team members so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Meet with decision makers, data owners, and end users to define reporting and analytical needs and goals
- Develop routines and procedures for end-users to facilitate best practices use of business intelligence tools.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on enhancements and standards for the organization’s business intelligence environment.
- Assist in the development and definition of documentation and standards for the business intelligence environment.
- Consistently complete tasks within agreed upon target dates.
- Proactively communicate with, support and guide end users during application release cycles to ensure definition of requirements and testing of new release can be completed by predefined target dates.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Adhere to departmental policies for reporting and managing Help Desk tickets and change control.
- Attend production meetings while on-call and keep apprised of Help Desk tickets and change requests assigned to the BI team in preparation for the meeting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics or related discipline preferred; equivalent experience is acceptable
- Analytics certification is preferred
- Experience in application programming languages, such as Java, .Net, AJAX, PHP, XHTML and Ruby
- Experience in the administration, programming, and support of a business intelligence environment. Knowledge of Information Builder’s WebFOCUS platform is preferred
- Experience with data discovery and visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik and Power BI
- Oracle SQL coding skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; good interpersonal skills
- Ability to weigh various suggested technical solutions against the original business needs and choose the most cost-effective solution
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Keen attention to detail and ability to access impact of design or coding changes prior to implementation
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and cooperative attitude
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse types of audiences in a way that establishes rapport and gains understanding
Reports to: IT Business Intelligence Manager
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Provide 24x7 on-callsupport in a predefined rotation.
Additional Information: N/A
Crown Castle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.