For 40 years, National Instruments has worked with engineers and scientists to provide answers to the most challenging questions. Through these pursuits, NI customers have brought hundreds of thousands of products to market, overcome innumerable technological roadblocks, and engineered a better life for us all. Historically, National Instruments has been a top 100 employer of choice as ranked by several different sources. If you want to work on cool stuff at a cool company, you’re in the right place! Here’s a snippet of some of our core industry leadership.
- 5 G – Setting world records in spectral efficiency using MIMO
- Internet of Things (IoT) - With NI’s technology providing unmatched capabilities in measurement, control, ruggedness, and connectivity, along with our expert ecosystem, you can realize the benefits of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) today.
- Semiconductor - NI semiconductor test customers report 10X improvement in test times while maintaining measurement and performance requirements.
- Autonomous Automotive - As vehicles advance towards autonomous operation, test engineers face drastically increasing system complexity while dealing with ever present cost and time pressure.
- Aerospace & Defense - NI helps ensure the quality and reliability of mission-critical assets with industry-leading performance, long life cycle support, and COTS systems that will keep Aerospace and Defense projects on time and on budget.
IT Automation Process Engineer
We are looking to hire a skilled Process Engineer to evaluate and design automation workflows to address our IT Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) challenges. As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing process strategies, managing process resources, optimizing current processes, and maintaining process documents. Ultimately, your job is to understand the I&O challenges that we face today, familiarize yourself with the technologies associated with those challenges, and design and document process workflows to address those challenges through automation.
Process and System Analysis and Solution Design:
- Elicit and document requirements from customers
- Ensure new capabilities are aligned to business priorities, best practices, policies, and standards
- Define system, data, and process requirements based on new or changing customer requirements
- Analyze and map system and data capabilities to create options to satisfy requirements or make trade-offs
- Conduct preliminary analysis to develop initial options for new solutions or assess impacts from changes
- Partner to define the solution architecture, components, processes, and data to satisfy requirements
- Support service owners and engineers to enable efficiency gains through automation
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and trends, emerging capabilities, and vendor roadmaps
Implement System Solutions:
- Develop prototypes and requirements to define the user experience for the system
- Ensure creation of initial data, system setups, configurations needed to support solution
- Ensure development and execution of test designs and plans to validate solution
- Partner to deploy system changes ensuring cross-functional coverage, coordination, and acceptance
- Ensure change management to enable business readiness for uptake of new capabilities
System Support and Maintenance:
- Develop and deliver system setup and system training documentation to support transition to business including system and process changes
- Drive ongoing system support activities (issue management, troubleshooting, resolution, etc..)
- Definition of requirements
- Solution delivery and deployment approach
- Creation and delivery of system setup and system training documentation
- System support and proactive maintenance
- Preliminary recommendations for new solutions or system iterations
- Solution design and architecture for new capabilities
- System development, quality, and deployment plans
- Stakeholders on process change impacts
Primary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Broad infrastructure (on-prem and cloud) awareness
- Deep working knowledge of I&O process engineering / design
- Experience translating processes into IT workflows
- Strong technical aptitude for understanding system capabilities and data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Understand impacts across systems, both upstream and downstream
- Ability to assess customer needs and translate them into value-add solutions
- Translate technical issues and limitations to customers and stakeholders
- Create approaches to validate solutions
- Able to handle change and ambiguity
- Ability to challenge the status quo to develop better solutions
- Strong problem solver and analytical thinker
• Extensive experience in process design
• Excellent technical skills
• Experience in analyzing a process system and design solutions to make improvements (efficiency, accuracy, quality, throughput, etc) from simple process changes to more complex multi-step workflows
- BS or higher preferred MIS, CIS and other engineering degrees
- 2 or more years of experience
- Candidate must be located in Austin, Texas or San Jose, Costa Rica
National Instruments is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.