Supports Valero’s business objective through internal information technology (IT) audits, integrated audits, and consulting reviews, by helping to maximize profitability, maintain maximum operational efficiency of its business units, protects Corporate information assets and ensures the reliability and accuracy of information systems and technology.
- Reviews and tests controls in IT systems and functions for the Corporation to ensure the security and integrity of Corporate information assets and continuity of operations.
- Examines automated systems and information technology in all areas of the Corporation to determine the extent of compliance with policies, plans, procedures, and rules of regulatory agencies.
- Under general supervision, performs examinations and appraisals of IT systems and operating controls and procedures using the following methods and techniques: IT risk analysis; IT control identification and evaluation; IT audit program execution and integrated audit program execution; Computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs); Development of IT control or efficiency recommendations that will be accepted by management; Written documentation of audit findings, recommendations, and other audit activity; Audit follow up to ensure implementation of recommendations.
- Evaluates IT management effectiveness in the attainment of IT objectives.
- Provides auditing support for external IT audits of the Corporation.
- Bachelor's (or higher) level degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or related field is required.
- 3 years of internal auditing, information technology, and/or public accounting experience required.
- 1 year of experience in IT Audit required.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Information Systems, or Computer Science strongly preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and other applicable certifications preferred.
- Experience in auditing Application Specific controls (e.g., SAP controls, etc.) and/or Information Security concepts strongly preferred.
- Specific experience in the refining and marketing business preferred.
- General Computing Control audit experience is strongly preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location:US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting Nov 6, 2017, 8:18:50 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing