Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
- Manage annual IT scoping, risk assessment, audit scheduling, walkthroughs, testing, testing review, coordination of remediation, and monitoring of compliance to the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Assess risk in terms of financial, operational, information technology controls, and create related audit plans and execute internal audits
- Provide advisory feedback during the planning, development, implementation and/or conversion phases of ERP, reporting, and other financially-relevant system
- Share audit results and metrics, prepare written documentation/reports, and make recommendations as appropriate to varying levels of management across the organization
- Manage the records of IT controls across the enterprise, and monitor and review changes to the design of controls, including the creation and maintenance of system topology document, noting supported transactions and reports
- Use great understanding of both COSO and COBIT to apply both frameworks within audits
- Facilitate internal training on the requirements of IT SOX compliance
- Coordinate with external auditors to understand the impact of new PCAOB requirements on internal and external auditor testing and reliance procedures
- Use strong IT knowledge to participate in systems development activities from compliance and audit readiness perspectives
- Identify new and upcoming business area pursuits and their related IT technical solutions through multi-segment status meetings, walkthroughs, inquiry with IT and business areas, etc., followed by tracking, audit scoping, control design review, gap assessment, initial evaluation, and periodic audit.
- Develops plans to correct inadequacies by corroboration with IT, business areas, and Finance.
- Works and interacts closely with other functions and business leaders throughout the company to provide creative value-added solutions to a variety of business issues.
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with all levels of management including VP/GMs and other levels of operational management teams and departments worldwide to collaborate and to resolve issues.
- Work with business process owners to determine manual controls that can be made more efficient and/or accurate by automation.
- Assist in developing automated and continuous controls monitoring solutions across the enterprise.
- Provide training to audit team members to increase testing efficiency by allowing them to access and query data independently.
- Experience as an IT audit manager with strong accounting/business process knowledge (or experience as an assurance/audit manager with strong and functional IT technical knowledge)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar (or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business with a concentration in computer science or similar).
- 5+ years related auditexperience
- SOX IT auditexperience
- Experience is auditing the implementation, conversion, and upgrade of financial systems
- Ability to define, extract, and analyze data based on fundamental understanding of process and control risk
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to independently multitask, prioritize, and track developing projects and related financial materiality over long periods
- US Government position. US citizenship required
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Publicly traded company or Big 4 public accounting firm experience
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Auditexperience with Oracle EBS, telecom backoffice systems, and telecom billing systems
- Hands-on functional and/or auditexperience with Oracle ERP, JIRA, SharePoint, Salesforce, SQL DB, RHEL, Active Directory, Git, AWS (IAM/RDS), Python or similar tools including independent development of scripts or queries as necessary
- Ability to review unfamiliar program code or query logic and develop an understanding of its functionality and its effectiveness in supporting the business needs
- Ability to develop technical documents for non-technical audiences including ERDs, DFDs, Network Topology, or Business Process diagrams.
- Experience in teaming with business and software development teams to identify technology solutions to meet business needs, and ensuring that those solutions are designed with necessary internal controls and to be auditable for SOX and operational purposes
- Experience in auditing key financialreports, including identification and maintenance of record of suite of reports; providing advisory feedback on management’s baseline testing, change tracking, and governance of key reports; auditing management’s baseline testing; and development of custom reports to be used in audits of key reports
To learn more about this site and other office locations, pleaseclick here!
BA/BS or equivalentexperience
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required
Back to search jobs
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse enviroment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, or veteran status.