The IT Audit Manager is responsible for providing support to the Senior Manager – Internal Audit in developing and implementing department strategy, executing IT and operational audits, testing SOX-404 controls and leading special projects. The manager is responsible for resource planning and management associated with the completion of scheduled audits and assigned special projects. This position will report to the Senior Manager – Internal Audit and will oversee and review the work of and coach audit staff, ensuring that assignments are adequately planned and performed in accordance with procedures and standards.
- Manage the General Computer Controls portion of the SOX-404 process, including scoping, planning, walkthroughs, testing and status reporting. Manage IT and IT-related audit projects, including the analysis of business data and company systems.
- Coordinate and work with other audit managers to support IT-related needs for financial and operational audits.
- Assist in setting the strategic direction for a value-focused internal audit department, including audit methodology, automation techniques, and audit planning.
- Provide assistance to the Senior Manager – Internal Audit with the development of the annual risk assessment, audit plan and departmental budget.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of organizational goals, strategies, metrics, industry trends, products and services, and processes. Ensure business units and corporate departments receive quality, timely, risk-focused, efficient audit services.
- Set standards and monitor work papers for quality and to ensure that work performed is clearly documented.
- Lead the department in maintaining automated software to support audit engagements.
- Communicate audit findings to management in well written audit reports.
- Manage follow-up on open audit issues and work agreements to ensure closure of action plans.
- Manage business unit relationships to ensure awareness of changes to business risk profiles, and educate and promote audit client control awareness and accountability.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional efforts to improve operations. This could include project task forces, internal control committees, corporate-wide initiatives, process excellence teams, or other cross functional efforts.
- Lead or supervise confidential audits or fraud investigations.
- Communicate with external auditors and effectively support their initiatives.
- Supervise and manage the performance of IT staff and senior auditors and external resources as applicable.
· Strong understanding of network, operating system, application and database-related controls and configurations.
· Experience with system implementations, system access, change management, and IT security-related controls such as cybersecurity and privacy.
· Strong project management and organizational skills.
· Ability to interact well with internal and external parties.
· Detail orientated, ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
· Superior analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Outstanding interpersonal, oral/written communication and collaboration skills.
· Experience with Oracle, Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of Internal Auditing Standards, COBIT, NIST.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 4-8 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility for IT and operational auditing.
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, IS management, accounting, finance or business administration required. Masters degree preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other IT audit-related certification preferred. Certification within one year required.