Position Function and Scope:
The Del Monte Foods, Inc. Internal Audit team is looking for a talented IT Audit Manager to join their small but mighty team. This role will routinely report IT audit results to the Executive Leadership Team and Group CIO and will have the ability to influence positive change within the organization. The IT Audit Manager will assess the organization’s IT risk, help establish the IT audit plan, and will plan, execute, and report on strategic audits and general computer controls to facilitate successful and critical IT innovation and IPO readiness. This includes working with IT Management, the third party outsourced provider and other key IT vendors to achieve the organization’s goals. The objectives of this position will be achieved through the performance of IT audits with some financial, operational and compliance related audit assignments of Del Monte Foods, Inc. operations, as directed.
- Assist with the execution of the annual audit plan.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s internal control environment.
- Safeguard the assets of the Company.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Determine the reliability of data being generated.
- Promote operational efficiencies and identify cost-savings opportunities.
- Plan and execute audit procedures on a project by project basis.
- Report internal audit results to management.
- Provide an objective and independent evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s IT systems, processes, and controls, including some financial, operational and compliance related controls to mitigate risks to Del Monte.
- Plays a key role in ensuring controls are appropriately tested up front during system implementation projects.
- Perform review of work papers, reports and other audit deliverables for quality, accuracy and achievement of audit objectives.
- Plan, implement, coordinate, and execute internal audits, including the design and execution of the risk and control matrices and audit programs and creation of the internal audit reports.
- Develop recommendations for improvement to the Company’s control environment.
- Assist in the Company’s Internal Controls Project by documenting and testing internal controls over the financial reporting process.
- Maintain comprehensive working papers to support and substantiate audit observations.
- Assist in the development of the Internal Audit Department’s procedures, practices and training.
Other Duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in relevant discipline required (Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, MIS or Computer Science degree or equivalent)
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience (i.e., Public Accounting and/or Internal Audit in Big 4 Firm or Internal Audit Department for Fortune 1000 Company).
- Knowledge of accounting principles and auditing techniques (i.e., US GAAP, COBIT, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, risk and controls standards and business process best practices).
- Sound knowledge and experience in information technology audit, systems design and management, security, client server and cloud technologies.
- Understanding of security software, database technology, and emerging e-commerce, and internet technologies.
- Demonstrated strong project management and organization skills with successful experience in concurrently managing multiple projects at varying levels of technical difficulty.
- Knowledge of COBIT, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, NIST, COSO, and other control frameworks.
- Experience managing and performing SOX IT audits and internal IT audits. Desire to perform operational, financial and compliance audits as well.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to critically analyze and assess the adequacy of internal controls and opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with the ability to influence IT and senior leaders.
- A self-starter who can work effectively as a member of a team or independently as an individual contributor.
- A results and customer oriented problem solver with strong attention to detail and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Experience auditing SAP preferred.
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
- ACL experience preferred.
- Consumer products and/or manufacturing experience a plus.
- Professional certification is required (i.e., CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM, CPA preferred.).
- Expected travel averages 15-20% per year, depending on current schedule of audit assignments; includes potential for travel to some international locations.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k).