Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We’re on a mission to help people achieve financialsecurity. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
Brighthouse Financial Internal Audit will be laser focused on risks that could impact achieving the Brighthouse mission and on adding value with sound business advice.
Brighthouse Financial Internal Audit Managers (IA Managers) report to the Internal Audit Leaders. IA Managers are responsible for designing and executing end-to-end risk coverage for specific risks. They will own the day to day execution of their assigned audits to ensure appropriate risk coverage and documentation to support our opinion. Our people must have the credibility to stand behind those opinions and drive change when necessary to achieve appropriate risk mitigation. They must be willing to wear multiple hats by developing broad business skills through rotational roles, including insurance business, finance, technology and data skills. They need deep skills in their primary area of expertise. They must drive quality in all assurance work through tenacious training, review, feedback and holding team members accountable.
This IA Manager is responsible for the risk coverage and data driven audit approach associated with Brighthouse’s information technology environment. This role is primarily responsible to:
- Perform risk assessments and execute assurance work
- Manage pre-implementation reviews for various system implementations
- Coordinate with the Financial Controls Department on the execution of the enterprise SOX program
While this Audit Manager will primarily be responsible for conducting audits of Brighthouse’s information technology environment, they must also be willing to expand their auditing skills by learning areas outside of IT such as Finance, Operations, and Risk Management. The Manager should have an interest in developing their business knowledge as well as using data and analytics to focus on risk.
- Live Brighthouse culture and employ inspiring leadership qualities that result in motivated teams
- Collaborate on developing this new audit department, including the mission, risk and audit methodology, audit process, auditreports, quality assurance, auditing and risktechnology, Audit Committee and senior management reporting.
- Work closely with Audit Leaders to develop the scope and audit approach to ensure we focus on the right risks and hold the business accountable to the appropriate level of risk mitigation
- Drive consistency and quality in audit execution and reporting through thorough reviews, personal feedback, debrief sessions and holding team members accountable.
- Build relationships with business leaders, external audit teams, consultants, regulators as needed
- Provide subject matter expertise in technologyrisk identification and mitigation, including process design and controls
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of Internal Auditexperience, specializing in technologyrisk and controls; Big 4 public accounting experiencepreferred
- Strong knowledge of IT general controls, operating system and database platforms, IT governance processes, IT Risk Management’s assessment processes, Third Party Risk, IT application control concepts, and integrated auditing
- Strong familiarity with appropriate business processes and transactions
- Excellent relationship management and consultative work style
- Very Strong written and verbal communications skills, including presenting, listening and interviewing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Certified as, or working towards, a CIA, CPA, CISA or FLMI designation