Job ID R-300688
The IT Audit Manager will play a key role in the development and execution of the global ITaudit strategy and should possess a strong understanding of information technology, finance, operational and compliance related risks and controls. This individual will interact on a regular basis with all levels of management and will be responsible for developing a strong strategic partnership with the Information Technology function.
In addition, this position will directly supervise three direct reports and will be responsible for coaching and developing associates in preparation for new roles and additional responsibilities. The position offers excellent opportunities to develop an understanding of BD’s global business operations and exposure to senior management. This position provides opportunities to move into a business function in a 3 – 4 year timeframe.
Provide leadership and manage all Information Technologyaudits globally. This includes:
- Execution of the annual ITauditrisk assessment to identify areas that represent the greatest risk and optimize resource deployment.
- Work closely with audit team to develop project risk assessments to scope audit activities. Perform risk based audit planning to ensure that high risk scope areas are addressed.
- Contribute innovative ideas in an effort to continuously improve the audit methodology and audit procedures. This includes the strategic deployment of technology to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of audit procedures and increase value to the business.
- Audit oversight and work paper review. Participation in reviews to ensure that audit procedures are properly executed and documented and audit observations are effectively communicated.
- Recruit and retain highly skilled and qualified professionals. Coach and develop associates to improve overall quality of work and prepare associates for additional responsibilities.
- Preparation of clear and concise auditreports that describe the control weaknesses, associated risk and Internal Audit recommendation. This position is also responsible for verbally communicating audit results to senior management.
- Collaboration with IT management to develop corrective actions for identified audit observations.
- Partner with external audit partner to ensure audit work can be leveraged to support the annual external audit and eliminate duplicate procedures.
- Responsibility for supporting audit management tools (TeamMate Suite) and tools used to support data analytics (ACL Audit Exchange).
- Approximately 20% travel is associated with this position to domestic and international locations.
- Bachelor's degreerequired, in Information Systems, Computer Science (or a related discipline). Additional degrees or exposure to accounting and/or business courses is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years Information Technology and/or ITAuditexperience in a corporate environment or with a Big 4 firm is required.
- Proven ability to manage and develop associates is required. Previous supervisory experiencerequired.
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP (ECC 6.0 and GRC is a plus), and Qlikview.
- Experience planning and performing integrated audits.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) are preferred.
- Experience in leveraging data analytics using audit tools (e.g., Audit Command Language) to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate with people at all levels of the organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge in UNIX, Windows, Oracle, SQLServer, SAP ECC 6.0 is preferred. Knowledge of general IT processes (e.g., change management, backup and recovery, security administration, computer operations) is required.
- Strong project management skills.
- Self-motivated individual with ability to operate independently.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel an average of 20% domestic/international will be required for this role.