The Audit Manager is responsible for the management of financial and operational audits in designated areas, including Financial, Commercial, Consumer, Technology, Operations, Trust, Compliance, etc. This encompasses providing objective risk centric assurances with respect to the effectiveness of risk management practices, governance processes and the system of internal controls. The Audit Manager is required to stay abreast of financial performance, significant initiatives, the status of significant and business issues, fraud and operational losses and regulatory issues in their assigned businesses. The incumbent is required to maintain proactive client relationships with senior management (direct reports to executive committee members) and is the primary liaison with respect to audit matters relating to the assigned businesses.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Documentation of processes and procedures
Negotiation and Influence
Regulation and Compliance
Staff management & development
• 1. Annual Risk Assessment and Audit Plan
- Prepare an annual risk based assessment of the auditable entities within the assigned audit universe.
- Prepare or update the three-year audit plan based on the risk assessment. Ensure audits are scheduled within current cycle parameters.
- Provide oversight of all assigned audits, including outsourced arrangements, to ensure appropriate and timely coverage of business line risks.
- Coordinate audit work with the external auditors in a manner that assures maximum reliance on work performed.
- Prepare communications to the business lines and senior management regarding audit activities including Points for Discussion, audit reports and other correspondence.
- Establish and maintain contact with Senior Management (direct reports to executive committee member) within the assigned business lines regarding audit activities.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Audit Director.
• 2. Issue Tracking and Validation
- Work with senior management and manage status updates on outstanding issues related to regulatory and audit findings.
- Maintain TeamMate Centralized Issue Tracking (CIT) system for assigned issues.
- Oversee issue validation work to ensure appropriate testing supports closure of issues.
• 3. Information Gathering & Analysis
- Serve as the “subject matter expert” for assigned businesses, communicating to senior management changes impacting audit and examination activities.
- Required to stay abreast of financial performance, significant initiatives, fraud and operational losses and issues within the assigned business lines.
• 4. Regulatory Focus
- Responsible for communications with respect to examinations of Corporate Audit Services and assures timely resolution of regulatory comments.
- Stay abreast of laws, rules and regulations impacting assigned business lines and partnering with Risk Management to ensure the business risks are properly identified and mitigated within the business lines, and ensuring that the changes are incorporated into the independent assessment process performed by Corporate Audit Services.
• 5. Staff Development
- Manage assigned staff in accordance with Human Resources Policies, including performance evaluations, career development planning, training and recruiting.
• 6. Team Collaboration
- Foster high performance culture and maintain a positive filter on all interactions within the department, consultants and auditees.
RequiredEducation: Bachelor's Degree
RequiredExperience: 7-10years Progressive auditexperience or expertise within financial services or related industry
PreferredExperience: 12-15years Financial services industry, with an emphasis on auditexperience
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
Required: AP-Advanced Professional Certification by start date
Preferred: CPA - Certified Public Accountant by start date
Special Skill Requirements:
Ability to Multi Task and Prioritize
Budgetary & Fiscal Mgmt
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Maintain credit exception approval percentages within corporate approved guidelines