IDEMIA is looking for an Associate Engineer to join our Global IT team. This individual will work withinternal customers to develop custom solutions supporting corporate business processes. Work will include developing reports and integrations between business systems; troubleshooting issues with internal customers and recommending solutions; light systems administration work on corporate applications and servers.
The ideal candidate should have a general knowledge of the major software development processes. Engineering candidates should have, or be willing to develop, multiple skillsets covering various aspects of Information Technology solutions. The ideal candidate should also be familiar with working with Microsoft development tools and platforms.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
Perform the following functions within the context of a corporate IT environment:
- Work with internal and external teams to determine how to solve complex business problems.
- Develop custom integrations to/from various IT systems.
- Develop functional and technical documentation (e.g. Use Cases, Storyboards, Process Flow Diagrams).
- Should be able to manage small projects without guidance, and larger projects with minimal guidance.
- Develop reports using SQL.
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Learn or have the ability to articulate technical solutions to non-technical personnel.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to understand complex business processes/situations, and determine how the company IT systems can support them.
- Object-Oriented Programming.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with MS-Office products.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Have or working towards a BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree program.
- Up to 2 years’ experience implementing software for an IT group or performing general software development work.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel requirement, such as:
- Must be able to travel occasional by air as needed to support various IDEMIA sites.
- Occasional overnight travel as required; should not exceed 10-20% of the time.
Working Conditions, such as:
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
Physical Demands, such as:
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
- The work requires light physical effort with frequent lifting and/or moving of materials in the 10-30 pound range and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects. May require normal range of hearing and vision to operate machinery.