McGuireWoods has an opening for an Information Technology Asset Manager in the downtown Richmond office. Reporting into the Director of IT Support Services, the IT Asset Manager’s primary responsibility is to maintain and accurately account for all IT hardware and software assets firmwide across all offices. This includes producing budget recommendations for all IT assets, on-demand and trend reporting, life cycle management and auditing of IT asset process and procedures.
McGuireWoods LLP is a global law firm with a legacy reaching back more than 175 years. We are strong in the traditional legal practices such as litigation and corporate law, but we are also leaders in rapidly expanding fields such as data privacy and security, the life sciences, private equity, and healthcare, among many others. We offer the opportunity to grow through an extensive range of legal practice areas and industries, and to work in locations around the world. Perhaps the most attractive aspect of joining our firm is the opportunity to work with our lawyers and leaders, all of whom reflect the value McGuireWoods places on experience, talent and diversity.
- Analyzes and prepares the hardware and software IT budget and develops proposals as needed that support and justify expense and capital outlays
- Works with other IT/IS teams and vendors to determine the specific business value and ROI of IT initiatives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Assists Business Services in developing and managing IT sourcing strategies for the organization
- Maintains files on financial commitments to vendors. Ensures purchasing standards and procedures are followed
- Identifies opportunities for cost cutting initiatives
- Works directly with vendors and procurement to negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of sale, and warranties
- Manages the administration of IT hardware and software inventory, asset management, licensing and technical services contracts
- Maintains and manages Enterprise Software licensing including renewals, updates, upgrades, etc.
- Manages the lifecycle of IT assets up to and including the disposition of assets at end of life
- Manages appropriate hardware / software requests
- Works with finance and accounting to provide financial reports for IT leadership
- Formulates and implements processes and procedures for tracking and analyzing financial data of company software, hardware, and equipment
- Creates all purchase orders for internal client hardware and software procurement and maintenance agreements
- Requires Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience. Typical experience would include five to eight years of financial management experience including financial analysis, planning, cost analysis, asset management, budgeting, forecasting and procurement
- Hands-on use of finance, budget and inventory or asset management systems (experience with ServiceNow Asset Management is highly preferred)
- Thorough understanding and use of Microsoft Excel
- General understanding and practical use of accounting principles and audit procedures
- Ability to independently conduct financial analysis and develop financial forecasts
- General understanding of terms and conditions of contracts as it pertains to specification of RFP’s and execution of Master Service and Software Licensing Agreement