Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD IT Architecture covers TD’s overall technology strategy, direction, standards for designing and/or developing an architecture framework including technologyarchitecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards to govern how technology solutions will be developed and implemented across the organization. Architects typically develop and maintain any combination of the following: solution and application architecture, infrastructure environment architecture, technical integration architecture, data strategies and models, security and enterprise architecture.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to develop and maintain architecture frameworks to support the most efficient, reliable, scalable and secure options to meet TD’s business and technology strategy needs. Get ready to plan, evaluate, recommend and design architectural solutions while keeping within enterprise standards. It’s your chance to participate in a whole new realm of learning and share what you know with others. The meaningful work involved here is all about protecting and enhancing security, technology availability, brand integrity and shareholder value.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Assist in designing and developing an architecture framework to govern how solutions will be developed and implemented, including technology domain architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards.
- Work with the team and othertechnology partners to understand security standards and risks, as well as ratify solution security design.
- Research and analyze business requirements to recommend optimal architecture solutions.
- Review and approve detailed solution architecture and design to comply with architectural and security standards, patterns and frameworks.
- Contribute to project plan development, offer input, manage projects and initiatives, direct assigned resources, communicate project status and ensure timely issue escalation.
- Participate as an expert and consultant on projects of moderate to high risk and complexity.
- Help develop a Requirement Traceability Matrix for end-to-end traceability (solution to requirements).
- Build consensus, facilitate collaboration and decision-making within and across business units so IT strategy application aligns with architecture framework.
- Ensure projects comply with technology domain architecture, design and operate processes to help review ongoing activity against technologyarchitecture and development standards.
- Respect TD’s technology delivery practices, standards and project management disciplines, including system requirements project documentation creation, cost and scope estimation.
- Support development, documentation, communication and execution of a comprehensive strategy, policies and solutions.
- Conduct pre- and post-implementation reviews to ensure solutions have met requirements, identify framework gaps, necessary enhancements, potential standards and patterns for future versions.
- Contribute to the technology standards decision-making process.
- Establish parameters for continued solution investments, provide technical risk analysis and assessment.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degreepreferred.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of architecture related to specific technologies, tools, processes, procedures and broader business issues and relevant technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of the business and associated standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology from a design or solution perspective.
- Interest and proven ability to work autonomously on complex, highly-visible architecture projects and initiatives.
- Readiness to act as a lead expert resource in architectural information exchange for project teams, the business and outside vendors.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and directing architecture analysis and design activities on larger, high-risk and highly complex projects.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.