Puget Sound Energy (PSE), the largest energy utility in Washington, is seeking to fill an IT Architect position focused on the digital workplace capabilities. At PSE digital workplace is a transformation that aligns technology, users and business processes to improve user experience, productivity, efficiency and meet organizational goals. The goal of digital workplace is to increase value and productivity delivered by using modern collaboration and communication tools.
This position is part of the IT Architecture team within IT. The role will collaborate in a dynamic environment researching and providing solutions for digital workplace technologies. IT architect will bring together various elements of the digital workplace and ensure that it is consistent in delivering maximum value to users.
- You will bring your expertize in key technologies such as AD/LDAP, Azure AD, SSO, ADFS, SAML, SSL, RDP, Web Services, Sever, storage, Networking, IT Security, End point and mobility platforms.
- Implementation experience relating to enterprise scale Workplace solution based on VMWare and Microsoft Technologies VMWare Workplace One / Horizon on premise and in Cloud, M365, Sharepoint, Teams, AirWatch, Audio / Video conferencing technologies.
- Develop and maintain digital workplace vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Actively identify solution development opportunities, create and drive solution adoption. Support prototypes for proposed solutions.
- Keep up to date with current and future workplace technologies and strategies.
- Has intuitive, holistic understanding of the most complex system designs and performance in unstable/dynamic or crisis situations based on broad and deep applied professional experience in a primary team with broad exposure to multiple segments to ensure effective technology integration.
- Develops technology policies, standards, frameworks and guiding principles.
- Is a significant contributor to technology evaluation and selection efforts.
- Takes point on Technology Feasibility Assessments during project planning.
- Participates in design reviews. Operates under minimal direction.
- Effectively build influential partnering relationships up, down, and across the PSE organization.
- Ability to socialize ideas, make recommendation and gather team consensus to solve problems.
- Passion for improving user experience and productivity through technologies.
- Coach and mentor engineering resources on IT solution architecture.
- Desire to become the expert in Digital Workplace technology with a focus on possibilities.
- Advance architecture discipline and contribute to a shared blueprint for Digital Workplace that aligns with enterprise and best practices standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- 12 years of directly relevant IT architecture experience.
- 8 years of experience working in large-scale, heterogeneous IT environments.
- Ability to translate short- and long-range strategic plans for architecture into design and implementation of current and future applications.
- Has deep technical expertise in one or two technology domains, and broad understanding of how that technology supports Line of Business functions to deliver business value.
- Has the ability to influence with credibility across business functions or technologies with analysis (based on prior experience).
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/presentation and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical language.
- Strong leadership, project and team building skills – ability to lead teams and drive projects and initiatives by working effectively with others with a demonstrated ability to work cross-departmentally.
- Strong collaborator – willingness to share ideas, documentation and best practices.
- Conceptual and analytical thinker – ability to extract, analyze and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies from customers and IT team members
- MS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Prior experience leading digital workplace transformation with a focus on user experience
- Experience with IT Enterprise and Solution architecture.
- Current on digital workplace trends and technologies.
- Practical experience in common Automation and Orchestration Technologies in Digital Workplace ecosystem.
- Familiar with Agile Practices.