$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
An IT Application Specialist is responsible for maintaining the Business Applications software tools used to enable the leasing, accounting, and operations group in the use of technology solutions for the Real Estate and Development industry. Primary mission is to ensure internal end-users are enabled to utilize software applications to effectively do their job. This role includes both maintenance and enhancements to operational software used by the company.
• Analyze business applications requirements for functional areas such leasing, payroll, accounting and operations to recommend system changes and enhancements through writing code, testing and debugging software applications.
• Respond and resolve trouble ticket issues directly related to software issues that impede end users with accessing and utilizing the business software applications.
• Develop unit tests to implement designs of new features and improvements.
• Review software requirements and write design documentation where assigned which clearly define what is to be produced with little or no ambiguity.
• Contribute to and review user documentation.
• Work with others to create and validate software design and provides peer review of design and code.
• Review issues/support calls as assigned, and provide management with feedback for proper prioritization. Drive investigation, root-cause analysis, and resolution of escalated customer complaints as needed.
• Support the overall administration, maintenance, and health of key internal Business Applications.
• Provide timely software updates/upgrades and refreshes to the production, staging, and development environments.
• Participate in requirement gathering and change control meetings to ensure any system-related issues are communicated.
• Provide timely information and accurate status for individual as well as team tasks via consistent status reports, effective and timely customer, technical support, and implementation communications, accurate project schedules/milestone reporting, and consistent and effective communications with management and/or project leaders.
• Map, convert, and transfer data between applications.
• Analyze and troubleshoot data integration issues between internal/external systems.
• Create or customize reports using available report writing tools.
• 4 year accredited college degree - Information Services or other relevant major
• 3-5 years of IT experience
• MRI, Yardi, RealPage, JD Edwards or similar background preferred
• Support on multiple software platforms
• SQL scripting and database administration
• * Real estate industry knowledge is desirable
• Knowledge of accounting principles a plus
• Able to interact effectively with diverse personas
• Able to work independently and in team settings
• Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• Effective oral and written communication. Writes and speaks in a clear, concise manner, actively listens and seeks clarification as necessary
• Working knowledge of LAN, WAN, Internet, WAP, Terminal Servers, Workstations, Printers, Scanners, FTP, VPN, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17