The Functional Analyst will be responsible for business requirement analysis, solution design and development of functional specifications. Based on leading practices observed (internal/external) propose business processes improvements to enable effectiveness and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will work with Super users and other internal IT application teams.
- Partner with business units and corporate functions to understand requirements, propose new processes, and help with day-to-day activities including recurring and year-end processes.
- Primary support for Agile applications and Automated processes implemented across Sectors and Business Units.
- Create and maintain Fast Formulas, Forms and Reports.
- Debug production issues and resolve them quickly with permanent fixes.
- Identify areas for business process improvement and efficiencies; make recommendations to improve existing processes or system functionality.
- Maintain process flow, configuration, operations and user documentation.
- Provide functional support for both application and business process issues
- Document all requests and ensure that the project management process methodology is adhered to including submission/updates to the client board as required
- Develop and execute system testing and test plans as required as well as coordinate and conduct internal user support and training
- Identify and document application integration requirements
- Develop and test solutions in collaboration with end-users, execute production migration and post-install support
- Improve process flow and user documentation for the implemented applications and enhance user knowledge and competency
- Maintain a stable and accurate Applications production instance that meets customer needs in line with compliance and audit policies
- Create and manage Support Service Requests as and when required
- Design and manage the delivery of program specifications based on consultations with supervisor, programmers, external contractors and end users
- Document, propose and optimize applications configuration to provide best usability and information availability
- Cross train internal IT on new features, functionality and integrations
Desired Job Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years functional experience in agile applications development (finance, change management, process automation, etc..) including requirements gathering, design, configuration, unit testing and integration testing.
- Experience dealing with a complex IT Ecosystem
- Experience with AgilePoint NX/7 process automation is an asset.
- SQL, ASP.Net MVC design, configuration and hands on experience.
- Strong analytical, design and documentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Business acumen (E&C Industry an asset)
- Communication skills, good listener
- Strong technical background (SQL, ASP.net, C#, Excel, Visio)
- Customer focus
- Working with IT outsourcing partners
- Analytical mind
- Solution oriented
- Negotiation skills
- Capacity to function in a changing environment
- Act as a change agent