Our Claims IT department is seeking a .NET/Documentum Developer to join our Branchville, NJ office. The successful candidate will be responsible for design, development, coding, customization, configuration, testing, and deployment in support of our enterprise ECM solution. Maintain and understand Selective’s Documentum software functions and capabilities. This is a team oriented technical role that will participate and lead in all phases of the software development lifecycle and work collaboratively to implement solutions with other business applications. This role will also help to develop and evolve the current SDLC process to include practices such as automated unit test, continuous integration, automated builds / build deployments. Additional knowledge in Customer Communications packages (e.g. OpenText Exstream) is beneficial.
- Learn multiple Enterprise packaged software solutions from third-party vendors
- Perform application analysis, configure solutions, and code efficient and reusable programs, in accordance with Selective programming standards and procedures related to the use of Documentum and custom enterprise solutions.
- Collaborate with technical leads to facilitate the development of optimal technical solutions.
- Participate in and lead formal code review sessions, proof of concepts, and technology evaluations.
- Perform unit testing, taking advantage of available testing tools to ensure that high quality test results are achieved. Participate in determining testing approaches, test planning and defect analysis.
- Provide high quality, timely estimates for project tasks, activities, and deliverables. Validate team member estimates and ensure adherence to SDLC processes.
- Actively mentor and guide more junior developers and consultants.
- Support and troubleshoot production applications. Work with technical leads to resolve complex technical issues and understand system performance associated with the introduction of new functionalities.
- Maintains up to date installation and usage documentation for Enterprise packaged solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 6 to 8years of experience in the IT industry developing or maintaining business applications/solutions with a focus on P&C Insurance.
- Experience with a Correspondence package solutions (e.g. OpentText Exstream), is a plus
- Proven experience with software development life cycle which includes design of solutions using sound architecture concepts, configuration/coding of applications, writing and execution of test case and plans and the delivery of software solutions.
- Solid technology background in a Microsoft environment (IIS, ASP.NET, AJAX, XML, Web Services, C#).
- Ability to work independently and to multitask, handling multiple projects running concurrently.
- Strong communication, analytical, design and problem solving skills.
- Ability to independently review, evaluate and recommend solutions that can enhance the Selective ECM ecosystem.
Job ID 5604