In their lead role, the incumbent frequently manages major incidents and proficiently creates concise management updates on these, for executives in business and IT as well as external stakeholders (e.g. dealers) to take business continuity and mitigation decisions.
The incumbent will also be responsible for steering of service providers across various IT products, domains and primes, and the management of software providers and maintenance agreements and license management accordingly.
Leading Operations for Assigned Systems
- Enforcing and optimizing ITSM/ITIL processes across multiple products and related internal and external resources, to ensure ongoing stable operations and alignment with SLAs
- Co-ordinating provider steering across products and business areas in the execution of tier 2 support tasks and SLAs
- Leading the resolution of escalated support issues and ensuring global support on issues in distributed solution stacks across multiple business areas and IT products.
- Leads the commissioning, administering, planning and optimizing the associated hardware/software components across IT products, domains and primes.
- Co-ordinates the planning and execution of upgrades and replacements to ensure that hardware and software components remain supported in a cross-functional solution stack
- Identifying, creating, leveraging and enhancing operations tools
- Managing 3rd party vendors, software and licenses across a multitude of applications and IT products.
- Overseeing the execution of routine maintenance, administering access and security levels
- Supporting new initiatives across multiple business areas through Startup Management (SUM) processes to provide efficient and stable operations
Driving System Management & Application Monitoring
- Leads monitoring and correct operation of systems in cross-functional solution stacks across multiple IT products
- Co-ordinates changes to the systems for ongoing run and support within the global IT operations network
- Co-ordinates the consolidation of emergency activities into regular maintenance
- Ensuring that proper application monitoring is in place to alert of any support issues
Managing Operations Information
- Keeps management and executives informed in major incident situations to support correct decisions on business continuity and crisis procedures
- Therefore, evaluates, substantiates and defends business continuity, workaround and crisis procedure options with management and executives
- Evaluates regular forecasts for local infrastructure and IaaS across multiple IT products to align them with the future application and infrastructure vision
- Supervises and executes updates to ConnectIT, CMDB and other Operations data repositories to support sound planning and operations
- Derives future operations and infrastructure requirements from the analysis of system data (system logs, performance metrics, performance counters) to drive performance improvement
- Steers the commissioning, administering, planning and optimizing the associated infrastructure and technologies.
Supporting Agility & Customer Centricity
- Ensures operations processes are executed in a way to support the end user with highly available systems
- Co-ordinates and participates in, the support rotation
Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Business, Information Technology, Engineering or the equivalent of 4 years of experience in the management of information technology application development, maintenance and support.
- 7+ Years of demonstrated success in Information Technology, with at least:
- 5+ Years in a senior level IT operations/engineering role
- 2+ Years specializing in IT Application Operations as a mid-level engineer
- 1+ Years of experience participating in Agile projects
- 5+ years network infrastructure/operations
- 3+ years SQL Server
- Experience in Cloud based environments and cloud migration, user experience design and test driven development, automated unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, rest API and other service oriented architecture approaches
- Experience in cloud environments management/Iaas Operations
- Demonstrated experience in operational vendor and partner management.
- Technically competent with various business applications across their full solution stack incl. infrastructure components and services.
- Knowledge of automotive business processes in retail and wholesale.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Must be able to build and maintain strong relationships in the business and Global IT organization.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including central IT, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills