As part of Release Management and application Change Management processes, this role is responsible for managing and coordinating all application changes and releases for Smithfield's portfolio of applications. Serving as the Application Release and Change Manager, this role must carry out various tasks to ensure that application software is effectively and efficiently designed, produced, tested, coordinated and approved to be released into production. Responsible for setting up business applications release standards, define release strategy & processes involved, plan data refreshes and chairs weekly Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings for application changes. This role provides solutions in areas of High availability, data integrity and security. Evaluates and recommends software technologies in these areas, evaluates alternatives and analyzes problems with data infrastructures.
- Foster teamwork and a spirit of collaboration amongst the internal Applications and Infrastructure teams as well as key Application Outsourcing (AO), Software as a Service (SaaS) and hosting providers and partners while conveying a sense of urgency and responsiveness to meet business needs.
- Work with Business partners for gathering requirements, developing sound, well-architected solutions and articulate their benefits.
- Lead the End to End SAP SolMan - ChaRM implementation (Scope, Design, Test, Deploy and Go-Live)
- Define release standards, strategy, processes and metrics.
- Define and automate testing strategy, processes and ensure production readiness.
- Be responsible for setting up Applications release strategy and chair CAB.
- Responsible for designing and delivery services to support SAP ChaRM within Application Lifecycle Management Solutions,
- As a Release Manager, be responsible for different modules of solution manager – ChaRM and Solution manager – SAP applications maintenance and Cutover.
- Define quality standards, processes and metrics - Verifies all required testing like Unit testing, business testing, regression testing and integration testing has been completed and documentation is in place.
- Provide guidance and direction for the SAP BASIS function and the 3rd party providers providing these services.
- Be involved in every step of the application software designing process. This involves creating models and prototypes, evaluating potential risks and defects, analyzing specifications and customizing applications for specific business requirements
- Coordinate scripts and automation tools used to test, integrate, and deploy software releases to various applications.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of applications, data and infrastructure architecture expertise and systems design.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Standardizes change management process and confirms all approvals are received for the change requests as outlined and required by Smithfield IT's General Control (ITGC) framework.
- Chairs CAB reviews and provides final approval for releases of all applications changes SAP and non-SAP.
- Active member of Architecture Review Board (ARB) to make sure projects/solutions are following Smithfield IT architectural standards. Ensure solution has been tested thoroughly and plan releases into the live environment.
- Confirming completeness of transports into test environments and eventually to live environments for SAP leveraging CHARM.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing application enhancements and related process improvements needed to provide on-going supportability. Supports the SAP functional areas on relevant technical questions and on business process improvement.
- Work closely with the infrastructure group and delivery teams to organize and participate in architecture reviews, develop best practices and insure adherence to standards, roadmaps and the IT Blueprint.
- Typically required to produce documents related to application architecture, design steps, integration processes and testing procedures relating to each application deployed. This documentation would also cover the installation and maintenance of application software as well as guidelines and standards that should be adhered to for each product
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science, Business, Information Systems, IT or related field and 7+ years of IT & SAP experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Experience with software applications, SAP Applications and knowledge of infrastructure design - OS – DB, Linux, Windows, Unix.
- 2+ years of SAP HANA Experience, at least 1 full cycle of sap implementation.
- Practical understanding of SAP's Transport process and BASIS functions.
- Proficiency in ITIL methodologies.
- 2+ years' experience, vendor Management, hosting services providers and AMS support. Prior experience working with outsourced provider for Level 1, 2 and 3 support, preferred.
- Work with Hosting partner to ensure SLA & 24 x 7 operations and support of mission critical Enterprise application systems.
- Proven experience in navigating complex organizations, creative problem solving, and rational experimentation.
- Ability to translate complex technical topics into easy to understand concepts.
- Ability to manage escalations and communications during critical outages and activities.
- Solid analytical skills, experience solving practical issues and engaging cross functional teams of multiple process partners to gain consensus.
- Experience developing a team and strategy.
- Experience with project management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with peers and executive leadership.
- Strong leadership and management skills that align with the Smithfield culture. Specific skills include facilitating change, driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Provides leadership and guidance to IT employees and also provides oversight for Smithfield's like outsources services.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.