If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
* REMOTE work from HOME - anywhere in US*
The Application Development Lead is a technical expert who provides leadership in the design, development and delivery of technology enabled applications, products and services within a computing systems environment.
We are looking for Application Development Leads with experience in any of the following areas of expertise: MS .NET/Azure Cloud Computing, Xamarin / C# for Mobile Development, MS SQL Server, SalesForce, Appian, IBM AS/400.
Technical leads provide solutions to technical issues and are responsible for meeting development schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements.
- Participates and provides input into the design, redesign and development of technology products and applications
- Contributes and often leads the specification and software design phases of the software development life-cycle
- Leads and manages the design and implementation of new software development and enhancement efforts, and coordinates systems installation and software testing with other technologists
- Assists users with the isolation and resolution of software issues by leading root-cause analysis providing options for resolution and recommendations
- Partners with the business to establish long-term strategic business and systems objectives
- Addresses day-to-day production support fixes
- Works with team members (technical and basis) and subject matter experts (end users) to produce requirements and design documents. Documents all specifications and requirements for implementation and develop Business Process Procedures (BPPs)
- Provides support for functional testing to ensure that business requirements are being met while following technical standards
- Acts as project manager for the complete life-cycle of projects as well as for minor enhancements
- Interacts with program management, team management, Digital Marketing Team, Business Marketing Teams, and business process team members
- Reviews current functionality and processes and recommends process and system improvement especially in the areas of E-commerce (Sales, Lease and Rental).
- Documents and support disaster recovery participates in support packages, enhancements and system upgrades as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive and diverse experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing, SQL Server, and .Net technologies
- Extensive and diverse experience in Xamarin / C# for mobile development
- Experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Application Insights, Logic Apps, Data Factory, Service Bus, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO), Cognitive Services (LUIS) and SQL Azure
- Extensive and diverse experience in SalesForceDotCom
- Knowledge of Appian / BPM is a plus
- Knowledge of IBM AS400 is a plus
- Knowledge of IBM Mainframe is a plus
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Demonstrated skills in configuration management, data management, information management, network security, IT architecture, infrastructure design, systems integration and systems life-cycle management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in Computer Science, Logistics, Transportation or Business. Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree
- Five (5) years or more in application development or technology management required
REMOTE 0 - 10% travel
* REMOTE work from HOME- anywhere in US*
Career Growth Opportunities
Applicants from California, Colorado, New Jersey, New York City, and Washington:
Salary is determined based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market
data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; certain degrees or
certifications, etc .
The salary for this position ranges from $ 77,600.00 to $105,000. Salaries may be supplemented
with a bonus as applicable and/or as business conditions allow.
Ryder offers comprehensive health and welfare benefits, to include medical,
prescription, dental, vision, life insurance and disability insurance options, as well as
paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement, family and parental leave, and a tax advantaged 401(k) retirement savings plan
Job Category: Application Development, Delivery & Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.