There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what our client is about. And it’s why they are investing in our people and our technology like never before in their 175-year history.
Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, they'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
As an IT Analyst you will provide tangible expertise on big data technologies in the cloud, and how to leverage these to create a Scalable Environment to support Data & Analytics. In addition, you will:
- Provide input to business and IT for existing and future solutions in support of Data & Analytics programs (specific focus on Big Data and Cloud Based technologies)
- Focus on rapidly building the new Integrated, Enterprise and Analytics Platform and working with our existing Data Warehouse organization to migrate current systems to our new target architecture
- Ensure the delivery of the new Integrated Enterprise Data and Analytics Platform is following solid core delivery principles. (TDD, ATDD, Continuous Delivery etc...)
- Review Analytic Solution use cases and determine new ideas and creative solutions to design, build and deploy business solutions
- Provide expertise to resolve critical, complex technical issues around Big Data and Analytic technology
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with existing Data and Analytic delivery teams
*** U.S. visa sponsorship is NOT available for the role.
What Skills You Need
- 8+ years of Software Development Background delivering large scale applications
- 4+ years of experience in delivering systems utilizing Java, Scala, Node, or Python
- 2+ years of technical experience in multiple Data Warehouse systems, with demonstrated success in managing and administering Big DataTechnologies such as Hadoop, SPARK, HANA, Redshift, AWS S3
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience with developing and deploying Cloud applications
- Technical depth that enables engaged consulting on technology, standards, processes, and best practices in areas of expertise and regarding new technologies as well as how to use the new Data & Analytics Platform
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out?
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- 2+ years of experience in software architect experience & design
- 1+ year of demonstrated Agile/XP Development skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Amazon Web Services Certifications
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science related field or equivalent working experience