The Department of Public Safety is seeking an Analyst/Programmer who will be assigned to work collaboratively with a team of other Analyst/Programmers to help with the strategic priority of managing the growth and assist in maintaining Public Safety’s production level IT infrastructure in a 24/7 365 day environment.
- This position is responsible for maintaining positive support relationships with DPS executive, administrative/field staff, affiliated vendors, partners and other University programmers assigned to Public Safety’s associated projects; providing technical direction & guidance while upholding high end user and work team satisfaction.
Functional job responsibilities include:
The Public Safety department itself manages approximately 200+ Windows 10 based workstations as well as a handful of Mac OS based workstations, both in an office setting as well as in a Dispatch Center setting where uptime is of high importance. The management of such workstations involves, but is not limited to:
- Manage user accounts such as: Active Directory accounts, Microsoft O365 Exchange accounts, as well as a handful of other various law enforcement related software accounts and permissions.
- Physically deploy and image department office workstations using an internal department MDT/Litetouch based deployment system.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of related patrol vehicle computer equipment.
- Physically troubleshoot/repair any hardware or software related issues that may arise.
- Submit warranty requests when needed, and assisting in providing purchase recommendations for department related technical equipment.
- Work with other University IT members to submit firewall requests when needed.
- Assist in managing and setting up new cellular phones for department users.
- Maintain current and relevant documentation on related processes and catalog related inventory relevant configurations (location, owner, IP information, DNS information, Subnet information, Gateway information, and etc...).
- Assist in maintaining various affiliated servers, databases, and vendor purchased/home grown applications and integrations.
Exceptional valid NYS Driver’s License (will be operating UR vehicles).
PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or other related discipline. Preference given to applicants with 1-2 years of proven related experience in providing Information Technology support (preferably in a complex University setting); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Detail-oriented and possess the ability and have the willingness to learn.
- Have familiarity with some or all of the following: software/technologies/programming languages:
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or newer
- VMware virtualization (App Volumes, vCenter/vSphere, etc…)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft O365 Exchange
- Microsoft O365 Suite
- Desktop Imaging/Microsoft Litetouch deployment
- Web Programming (PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, jQuery, etc…)
- Bitlocker Encryption
- Bosch BVMS CCTV software