As Universal Engineering Science’s West Coast IT Analyst III, you will provide technical support and training to our customers, and be an escalation point for the Tier 1and Tier 2 Service Desk. You will be part of a larger IT Support Team serving our growing company. You will analyze, triage and manage service requests and incident tickets to keep our teams across the nation operating smoothly. You will resolve problems of advanced complexity, manage multiple tasks, participate in IT projects and generate innovative solutions to technical problems, under limited supervision.
You will mentor tier 1 and Tier 2 analysts and act as a liaison between the Service Desk and all our West Coast customers and partners.
Your day as an IT Analyst III at UES will be both challenging and rewarding. During which, you have the opportunity to create lasting relationships with your team members. On a typical day, you can be expected to:
- 5 years or more of technical support experience (college degree, technical certificate and/or experience combined)
- A strong understanding of LAN/WAN technology
- Experience with the following:
- Active Directory
- Email management (Exchange) and O365
- Phone systems
- A/V, VTC, collaboration technologies including Teams, Zoom, WebEx etc.
- ERP platform support
- MS Office products
- PC/laptop hardware support
- Imaging systems (“Ghost”, etc)
- Ability to collaborate with and mentor those around you
- Excellent Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Oversee project implementation (e.g. upgrades, hardware/software installations)
- Provide advice and technical training while producing documentation for future use
- Understanding business and technology needs
- Install, configure, maintain, and support systems of all levels of complexity for end users.
- Resolve IT incidents for local and remote users
- Fulfill IT requests for new hardware and software
- Manage incidents, requests, changes and inventory according to accepted ITIL practices
- Triage new incidents and requests as they are received and resolve/fulfill them as quickly as possible, according to their priorities
- Develop and provide individual and group instruction/training to end users on new and updated technologies
- Lead or participate in research and development initiatives
- Implement new technologies
- Participate in the review, evaluation and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions
- Maintain records for network users, security, hardware inventory and licenses
- Remote access implementation and support: VPN, RDS/Terminal Services
- Knowledge of mainstream mobile device platforms: Android and iOS
- Administer Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform
- Support some non-traditional IT technologies such as surveillance and access control.
- AS degree in related field or combination of education & experience
- A+, N+, S+
- MCP or higher
- ITIL Foundations
- MS Modern Desktop Administrator
- ACMT (Apple)