This position is responsible for working as a core member of Global PLM IT Windchill team, assisting in planning activities, providing work estimates, developing functional design specifications, configuration, testing, training, end-user support and developing documentation. Work on IT PLM projects in support of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM, PDM, CAD, and engineering related) for all products on various platforms to enable digitization and business process initiatives.
- Provide support of PLM software including issue resolution support, testing of changes, PLM Releases and upgrades, and user inquiries.
- Develop functional specifications for IT developers.
- Assist in the development, implement, and maintaining of policies, procedures, and associated plans for PLM knowledge throughout the organization.
- Assist with training sessions and teaching materials for propagating PLM knowledge throughout the organization.
- Interface with business users and analyze business processes and specify/configure application to efficiently support those needs.
- Participate on process improvement teams utilizing Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
- Participate in defining and integrating PLM solutions with SAP modules, including SAP-PLM, CAD-PLM, eCommerce-PLM interfaces
- Conduct research on new and emerging PLM technologies that can be leveraged through existing PLM investments.
- Administrate global PLM standards and processes
- Strong business process and system knowledge with focus on the R & D area. Ability to recognize problems, analyze and recommend solutions related to the specific PLM function.
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully team with software vendors, outsourcing partners, Truck & Rail business and Global IT associates.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and social competency.
- Must be able to perform as an effective member in a global team-oriented environment and achieve desired results.
- Ability to multi-task with an independent and committed working style.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency, and closure.
- Solid understanding of Material Master, ECR/ECO/ECN, document management and associated Workflows, Access management.
- Demonstrate ability to deal effectively with new technologies.
- Ability to work in a customer/business-focused, team-based matrix organization and to manage time, multiple priorities and projects is essential.
- Configuration and application knowledge of PLM tools
- Knowledge of Windchill desired or similar PLM system, SAP/ERP and CAD systems a plus.
- Engineering change management and release processes, workflows within PLM, revision control, CAD interfaces.
- Knowledge of Engineering Change Processes
- Minimum 5 years IT experience with Minimum 2 years of Engineering data management and product engineering tools experience.
- Technical/integration experience with other Engineering Product Data tools (i.e. Teamcenter, CAD, Integrity, Windchill)
- Knowledge in project methodologies (e.g. PMP, Agile/Scrum) a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or Engineering required.
- Six Sigma Certification (Greenbelt or Blackbelt) desirable.
Travel & Availability:
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Must be accessible to support the business & IT teams 24/7.