Job MissionAs an IT (Analysis) Applications Support Engineer, you will:
- Support Multi-disciplinary Engineering processes and related Analysis Applications. Knowledgeable support desk for application like ANSYS, COMSOL, STAR-CCM, HyperWorks. This is primarily related to PC applications, but also sometimes related to the ASML High Performance Computing (HPC) platform.
- Handle problems and participate in implementation of Non-Standard Changes on Analysis Applications according ITIL process.
- As additional task be involved in support of 1st and 2nd line support for other Engineering tools in the area of Electronic Development and related infrastructure, and possibly 2nd and 3rd line support for SW Engineering infrastructure.
- Build and maintain expert knowledge on Engineering applications
- Drive improvements in Way of Working and Engineering efficiency.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support for analysis and engineering applications and services, be IT expert for selected IT engineering services, but also for generic D&E IT services.
- Support and implement non-standard changes for supported IT Analysis Applications, in co-operation with the internal customer and Solution Team System Architect, working close together with ASML IT team in Veldhoven (the Netherlands) and other sites of ASML.
- Support / take ownership of requests from engineering, and help to solve these requests. The engineering environment is used by more than 500 development engineers, worldwide.
- Deliver expert support on IT services based on Windows and Linux.
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of solutions.
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
- Requires a Bachelor level or equivalent in IT and/or Engineering.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in the area of Analysis Application support or High Performance Computing support
- Domestic and / or International travel – up to 15%.
- Knowledge of Engineering Applications is required, in particular Analysis Applications like ANSYS, COMSOL, STAR-CCM and HyperWorks and Electrical Engineering applications
- Both Windows and Unix/Linux server knowledge/experience
- Understanding and practical experiencescripting and programming languages is a pre: Shell scripting, (bash, csh, ksh, sh), Perl, VBS, …), o C/C++/Fortran and Python programming;
- Highly motivated team player.
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Vision and opinion.
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
- Strong customer support and customer service experience is a must.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The employee will be expected to provide occasional support outside of regular business hours
- The employee will be expected to use a keyboard for extended periods of time.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE