IT Administrator III (System Administrator)
We are currently searching for an IT Administrator III (System Administrator) to ensure the proper operation of company systems, processes and assets. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to maintain the IT environment by identifying requirements and implementing processes to monitor performance, ensure the achievement of all SLAs, process requests for changes, and ensure organizational standards are followed.
What you'll do:
- Execute intermediate to complex processes and system updates for the specialty area.
- Install, configure, and ensure the maintenance of processes and systems related to the specialty area.
- Evaluate system and process performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency.
- Lead the control of access rights, security settings and user privileges alignment with enterprise standards.
- Conduct briefings and demonstrations for users to enhance process and system productivity.
- Research new technologies and monitor and evaluate existing technology for improvement opportunities to support process and technology life cycle.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with process or system.
- Ensure the successful planning and implementation for all upgrades or new additions to the IT process or system.
- Perform intermediate to complex IT environment monitoring and performance benchmarking.
- Prepare expenditure proposals and cost justification analysis.
- Provide support to the IT team and cross functional project teams.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical or quantitative degree (e.g. mathematics) required; Computer Science, MIS or other related field, preferred.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in applicable technical area.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and deliver informational sessions to groups and individuals.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
- Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations for the IT environment.
- Attain or retain specific certifications related to job function (i.e. Cisco, Windows).
- Knowledge about system installation and disaster recovery procedures.