Responsible for unique or complex information systems and/or information technology tasks within more than one discipline, such as application support, database administration, software quality assurance/quality control, software engineering, network telecommunications, and infrastructure operations of administration, analysis, engineering and design.
- DoD Secret Clearance
- IAT II certification such as: CompTIA Security+ or GIAC GSEC
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience
- 7+ years of experience in information technology, systems administration, or other IT related field
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and products that include Microsoft Windows Servers, Red Hat Linux, or VMware
- General cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex system hardware, software or networking related problems.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a senior project participant
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience with racking, stacking, cabling, receiving equipment, and working with facilities to obtain power requirements
- Monitors and supports the complex information technology and systems infrastructures.
- Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of complex information technology tools.
- Handles user requests for system needs and upgrades that are unique or complex and often involve additional research.
- Troubleshoots and resolves unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
- Implements various applications of a highly complex nature.
- Administers and runs complex tests on operating systems and related software.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
- Performs root cause analysis and diagnostics on the more unique or complex production systems.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
- Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user guides.
- Acts as a mentor to junior team members.
- Applies scripting methodologies to automate IT Admin related tasks.