Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Director, Issue & Incident Governance in the First Line of Defense Center of Excellence (FLOD COE) is responsible for the day-to-day management of Issue and Incident governance for the FLOD COE. Specifically this individual will assist in the identification and documentation of Issues and Incidents as they arise, facilitating detailed root cause analyses, identifying key themes and trends in control environment weaknesses, identifying appropriate ownership, developing targeted remediation plans, monitoring progress, and validating successful resolution. This individual will ensure coordination and communication of FLOD issues & incidents within the Business Unit leaders, the COE leadership team, and Second Line of Defense stakeholders by documenting these issues and providing periodic status updates. This position holds global responsibilities and will require coordination between APAC, EMEA, LATAM, and North American teams, Corporate Compliance, Legal, Risk Policy, and Enterprise Risk, Compliance, & Security.
- “Dealing With Ambiguity” - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- “Command Skills” - Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn’t afraid to end and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges.
- “Drive For Results” - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- “Action Oriented” - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- “Interpersonal Savvy” - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- “Peer Relationships” – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration.
- “Priority Setting” - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- MS/MBA degree or equivalent
- 12+ years related experience or 14+ years related experience without MS/MBA degree
- 8+ years supervisory experience
- Demonstrates strong and effective leadership skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment.
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.