Description: An ISSO Specialist opportunity in Las Vegas, NV, is currently available with Belcan Government Services. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. The ISSO serves as a Principal Advisor on all matters involving the security of an Information System (IS). You will have the detailed knowledge & expertise required to manage the security aspects of an information system & is assigned responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of a system.
You will assist in the development of the security policies & procedures & ensures compliance with those policies & procedures through ongoing monitoring & assessments. In close coordination with the Information System (IS) owner & the Information System Security Manager (ISSM), you will play an active role in the evaluation or risk associated with a system, enforcing & assessing the controls, monitoring the security impact of changes to the systems, & developing & updating the security documentation associated with the system.
ISSO Specialist Job Duties:
• Ensuring the implementation of DOE & NNSA cyber security policies & procedures for designated information systems
• Conducting the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities for designated systems
• Documenting the implementation of protection measures within the security plan for the systems
• Ensuring the appropriate access is provisioned for users of designated systems
• Identifying, assessing, & documenting threats & risks to designated systems
• Capturing & maintaining information system security artifacts
• Conducting cyber security tests and assessments & providing results of these activities to the ISSM
• Evaluating the security impact & recommending implementation strategies for security significant changes to the assigned information systems
• Identifying cyber security training needs in terms of job responsibilities or roles
• Conducting information system risk assessments
• Responding to & reporting of incidents related to their assigned information systems
• Development of security processes & procedures to support the ISSM’s Cyber Security Program
• Creating & maintaining disaster recovery & incident response plans and participating in associated training
• Formally & informally presents information in group & individual settings
Clearance: You must possess an ACTIVE Dept. of Energy L-Level Clearance; possess the ability to obtain & maintain a Dept. of Energy Q-Level Clearance.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with appropriate background & knowledge of current industry technologies/standards for enterprise networks. Six (6) years of work experience in computer & information technology related field may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience with NIST SP 800-53, Risk Management Framework (RMF), & security assessment tools
• Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with Operating System, Virtualization, and Networking technologies
• Must be able to demonstrate specialized experience applying the principles, practices, and techniques used by information systems security personnel
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
• Must have strong attention to detail
• Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently, as well as strong interpersonal skills that foster the ability to work effectively on teams, communicate effectively
• Other duties as assigned
Certifications: One or more of the following certifications:
•CompTia Security +
•ISC² CISSP (or Associate)
•ISACA CISM or CISA
•SANS GSEC or GSLC
•DoD 8570 IAT Level II &/or IAT Level III certification
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience applying the principles, practices, & techniques used
by information systems security personnel.
• Working knowledge of various network protocols, desktop/server configuration,
network devices, & application security.