The scientists, researchers and engineers of United Technologies Research Center bring innovative thinking and disciplined research to the businesses of United Technologies (UTC). UTRC partners with UTC business units and external research organizations to expand the boundaries of science and technology through research and innovation, delivering technology options that meet and anticipate the needs of the marketplace. Founded in 1929, UTRC continues to produce innovations that open markets, expand opportunities and anticipate customer needs.
In this role, the candidate will serve as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at the direction of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and support the overall security program at the direction of the FSO.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Execute Information System Security Officer (ISSO) responsibilities as assigned by the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in alignment with applicable U.S. government cybersecurity policy;
• Monitor classified systems to ensure they are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with appropriate corporate and U.S. government cybersecurity policies and procedures;
• Conduct reviews and monitoring of IS to ensure compliance with security requirements;
• Perform configuration change management and information system vulnerability scanning in accordance with policies and procedures;
• Develop and update appropriate system documentation artifacts under the Risk Management Framework (RMF);
• Participate in cyber incident detection, analysis, containment, cleanup, remediation, and reporting in accordance with policies and procedures;
• Partner and coordinate with internal and external customers and security peers;
• Support internal projects and programs, including continuous process improvement initiatives and back-up support or management of internal systems.
• Support, as directed by the FSO, all disciplines within the security program to include Personnel Security, Physical Security, Document Control, Security Education, OPSEC, and the Insider Threat Program;
• Conduct security briefings and program indoctrinations/debriefings,supportsecurity self-inspections and audits, and investigate security incidents.
*Education / Certifications
Job ID 01297493