As a senior Data Scientist, you will help clients understand and extract insight and value from their data using Machine Learning and AI techniques. Working as part of a team, you will be involved in all phases of analytics projects including: question formulation, design, research and development, implementation, and testing. You will explore and understand data and build advanced solutions that could be predictive, prescriptive, or optimization focused. You will translate real world problems into quantitative language, find or build algorithms to solve those problems, and implement them in code. You will support the design, implementation and optimization of trained models based on machine learning and artificial intelligence. You will be involved in presales activities including public presentations, workshops and estimations. You will work closely with program managers and bid teams to maximize the business development capacity and leverage Avanade capabilities. You will facilitate and execute requirements gathered during analysis and design phases and assist in driving business development initiatives with major stakeholders.
- 7+ years of experience using statistics and data science
- 5+ years of experience developing machine learning using clustering, regression, optimization, recommendation, and neural networks, among other techniques
- 5+ years of experience with data science tools like Python, R, Scala, Julia, SAS , SPSS, MATLAB, Hadoop, or Spark
- 4+ years of experience working with cloud services like AWS, Google, and Azure
- 4+ years of proven leadership experience in an academic, extra-curricular or professional setting
- Your education is likely to include MS/Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as computer science, engineering, or equivalent Bachelor’s degree with around 7 – 9 years of relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience as being client facing and working in project-based consulting involving forming hypothesis to solve for relevant client business problems and building a solution/roadmap that drives outcomes
- Your knowledge includes assessing and handling the opportunities and risks associated with large scale, complex projects for your enterprise clients
- You should already have a sound knowledge in the field of mathematics and statistics and experience in advanced analytics, natural language processing, data mining, data preparation and feature engineering to solve business problems
- You should be familiar with Azure Cognitive Services and ideally you have already gained practical experience in the implementation of AI solutions as well as significant experience in most of the common supervised and unsupervised machine learning models.