BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. Within BlackRock, the US Wealth Advisory business manages the firm's relationships with US retail investors and financial advisors. Professionals within the team work together to deliver a full range of asset management, risk management, and advisory services relevant to clients' investment needs.
iShares Consultants in US Wealth Advisory are responsible for accelerating the growth of iShares ETFs. The scope of their role includes three core elements: (1) Be the authority on iShares to sell Factors, Bond ETFs, and Models to advisors (2) Partner with the iShares Divisional Directors and Market Teams to identify and drive iShares sales opportunities (3) Deliver deep ETF expertise to advisors and market Centers of Influence (COIs) through the presentation of iShares content through digital and scaled in-person events. In addition to the core responsibilities, iShares Consultants will empower their Market Team's knowledge of the iShares franchise and ETF trends.
This position will require daily leveraging of technology to engage with and support clients' needs and travel 1 week per month. The iShares Consultant will report into the USWA iShares organization.
- Deliver fiduciary and investment insights through portfolio construction conversations
- Demonstrate mastery of BlackRock iShares products with specialized focus on Factor and Bond ETFs
- Partner with Market Teams to optimally cover and accelerate the growth of iShares ETFs in the Wirehouse and Independent channels within a given geography
- Responsible for driving overall iShares results in geography (net flows, market share), leveraging video conferencing, sales management technology, and team resources
- Embrace data-driven segmentation and sales processes as territory management tools
- Identify the appropriate distribution levers to service and cultivate the best opportunities
- Commercialize new or focus ETF franchises
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required (CFA, CIMA, CFP, MBA, a plus)
- Minimum 5 years of financial services experience with 3+ years as an internal wholesaler or 2+ years as an external wholesaler
- Strong financial services background with knowledge of investment trends and advisor practices (fixed income or factor/quantitative investing knowledge a plus)
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and prospects virtually and deliver ideas and information that will generate sales using video conferencing technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong territory management skills, including profiling and resource deployment
- NASD Series 7 and 66 (or 63 & 65) required
- Clean U-4
- 25% travel is required