Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To lead, design, develop, implement and maintain current and new IT solutions as well as implement changes and enhancements to existing solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Provides subject matter expertise and mentorship in developing and maintaining system software code using the FISTM HX TIN Certification Tracking financial application system.
• Identifies, analyzes, designs, develops and maintains cost-effective information technology solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external controls and output.
• Provides subject matter expertise and mentorship in developing system software code using commonly known best practices. Willing to adhere to NFCU standards and policies regarding software development.
• Identifies and resolves conflicts between proposed solutions and existing systems to ensure compatibility.
• Responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of all NFCU systems.
• Responsible for ensuring the maximum performance and availability of designed system solutions.
• Oversees and leads the preparation, execution and documentation of development tests and evaluations.
• Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of all project documentation in accordance with the Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) phases. Mentors team members in developing these artifacts.
• Ensures all revisions and refinements of software account for all changes in functional system requirements and equipment configurations that may occur during the product life-cycle.
• Responsible for and leads the implementation of systems/applications into test and production environments. Prepares implementation plans and change requests required for system migration.
• Oversees and leads team of peers and junior level software engineers through the software development life-cycle.
• Leads the effort to provide technical support to customers during software warranty period.
• Responsible for consistent, concise, relevant, reliable and timely information to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders through a variety of communication channels.
• Oversees and ensures the training of peers and junior level engineers in new or modified systems/applications.
• Will be tasked with the Technical Leader role of a project with the responsibility of full software life-cycle development from requirements analysis to project closeout.
• Works independently, regularly communicating with project stakeholders on project progress and status.
• Applies specific functional knowledge to analyze and resolve the highest-level of difficult project-related issues.
• Capable of designing, coding, debugging and maintaining the highest level of difficult computer programs.
• Able to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical personnel.
• Communicates information in line with the target audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience
• Proactively accumulate and maintain knowledge of current and emerging/evolving technologies, concepts, and trends in the IT field. Mentors others as knowledge increases.
• Provides input on improving or enhancing existing organizational processes based on lessons learned and experiences from project work.
• Performs root cause analysis to quickly identify and resolve issues causing recurring technical problems.
• Ensures accuracy of information communicated to effectively support project leadership decision making.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of the FISTM HX TIN Certification Tracking software system.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of financial industry applications and systems.
• Familiarity with financial industry.
• Ten (10) years of experience with COBOL, JCL, command-level IBM® Customer Information Control System (CICS©), batch processing and usage of the TSO/ISPF interface.
• Ten (10) years of experience with IBM® DB2© Utilities - SQL Processing Using File Input (SPUFI©), Query Management Facility (QMF©) and Z/OS Mainframe Utilities - IEBGENER, IEFBR14, SYNCSORT.
• Five (5) years of technical leadership experience leading software teams through the entire software development life-cycle.
• Expert experience/knowledge of the Systems Development Life-cycle (SDLC).
• Expert experience/knowledge of software development best practices in accordance with the ITIL® or CMMI® capability models.
• Familiarity of Agile SCRUM software development methodology.
• Strong analytical, planning and technical problem solving skills.
• Advanced experience/knowledge in IBM© Mainframe systems, workflow and procedural analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Effective skills in resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements.
• Ability to lead independent teams, exercise initiative and use good judgement.
• Effective Skill in using Microsoft® Office suite: MS Word; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS SharePoint, etc.
• Experience with IBM Datapower, IBM MQ and IBM WebSphere.
• Working knowledge of the Serena® ChangeMan© ZMF source packaging/management tool.
• Working knowledge of Hewlett-Packard (HP®) Project Portfolio Management (PPM©) system.
• Working knowledge of credit union operations/processes and procedures.
• Working Knowledge of the IBM® WebSphere© and MQ© systems.