IS Sr. Business Architect, Orthopaedics Group
This IS Sr. Business Architect will support Information Services for Stryker’s Orthopaedics group, and will partner directly with our Mako division. This is a terrific opportunity to focus on Cloud, Big Data, and Robotics technologies in collaboration with our enterprise systems.
The Sr. Business Architect is responsible for building solution architecture with current state and to-be state and align solutions towards to-be state by partnering with subject matter experts, business analysts and process owners that should be scaled up to enterprise. The role focuses primarily on business requirements, workflow and leveraging technologies to enable or alter business processes or practices. The Sr. Business Architect works to develop an integrated end to end view of the business process, in the context of the enterprise, using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques This role will be required to:
- Develop a business architecture strategy conforming to various business scenarios and requirements.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key needs.
- Incorporate tactical and strategic enterprise goals and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Architect solutions that distinguish between various functions that will be supported by the end state.
- Define the set of strategic, core and supportprocesses that transcend functional and organizational boundaries.
- Clearly identify and describe various entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the solution; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data.
- Clearly able to assess near-term needs, using structured processes, to establish business priorities; consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience.
Minimum Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Master of Science, engineering, or MBA preferred.
- Experience with secure networking, robotics, and predictive analytics preferred.
- 12+ years of business architectureexperience, with demonstrable knowledge and experience defining, documenting, implementing required business processes.
- Understanding of Healthcare (Medical technology) industry will be added plus.
- Experience applying architectural principles to business solutions.
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business.
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture.
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Experience identifying opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new process/policies.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues.
- Act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery.
- Work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Influence effectively through written and verbal communications.
- Adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Partner with business representatives at all levels to identify needs, define and document requirements, and drive solutions.
- Quickly analyze, embrace and learn new technologies, perform proofs of concepts and assessments and run agilepilots leading to full solution delivery.
- Guide the business towards optimal solutions.
- Maintain clear communication channels with IS and business stakeholders.
- Explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Convert complex business functions into technical specifications.