We are seeking a IS Service Assurance Manager - PSJH to be accountable for the performance of the IS systems and infrastructures to ensure a continual and seamless service for customers regardless of which services they access. This service assurance role has a key interface with the business, the internal IS Operations teams, other IS teams, and third party suppliers of services. This role works collaboratively with internal IS teams and external vendors to provide highly available, secure, and reliable infrastructure services. by driving multi-disciplinary teams through complex problem analysis, all the way through to Incident or Problem resolution.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- This role insures continuous operation of critical enterprise systems for PSJH by maintaining a cross-discipline view of service activity. The primary responsibility of this role is to drive multi-disciplinary teams through managing and resolving complex problems all the way through to resolution. To be the bridge between various TEO (Technology Engineering & Operations) teams, application support teams and the end caregivers within the business, all with a sense of urgency and focus on returning the caregivers to service. As a member of the IS Operations team, participates fully in the ownership of issues and incidents managed by the IS Operations team.
- Creates awareness and manages to completion those issues that are not yet incidents but might become incidents in the future, impacting critical PSJH systems. Insure that scheduled changes are not in conflict and that their impacts are fully understood across the various technical teams and functional leaders inside and outside of IS.
- Partners with peers from IS Operations, IS Field Operations, Engineering, Architecture & Strategy, Applications, and other PSJH teams to optimize production systems to improve the caregivers' experience with PSJH technology. To drive Problem discovery and problem root cause analysis so that the problems can be mitigated and do not recur in the future. Maintains currency on information technology in general and accountable disciplines in particular. Continually evaluates the effectiveness of current strategies, technology and standards, recommending enhancements and modifications through established collaboration mechanisms.
- Develops and implements appropriate service delivery models for core functionalities where the IS organization is a trusted adviser in defining, delivering, and improving services for the enterprise and its customers.
- Designs, implements, maintains, and operates departmental Service Level Agreements, Operating Level Agreements, and associated KPIs. Monitors the performance of the accountable disciplines and evaluates the performance of technology services on the basis of specific KPIs.
- Participates in the development of and monitors compliance with policies and procedures for communications, consistent with overall strategy and standards, throughout PSJH. Develops and negotiates preferred information technology vendor contracts and manages key vendor relationships.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or Information Services Or equivalent educ/experience.
- 7 years Hands on technical experience in at least one of the following disciplines: Network, Server, Storage, or Security.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude.
- Advanced knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures
- Experience in the operations of highly available IT systems and infrastructure
- Experience in incident management/ command.
- Experience working complex, multi-technology problems
- Participates, as needed, in critical incident on-call rotation; carries a pager, cell phone and ensures availability during specified hours of coverage.
- Travel up to 25%
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 5 years Experience working complex, multi-technology problems in a fast paced and demanding environment.