Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
The Commons, located in Minneapolis, is the headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, the site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital, part of Allina Health, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
- Monitor and maintain systems used in Identity and Access Management, specifically for privileged access management (Thycotic Secret Server).
- Assist more senior engineers to install, configure, test, support and monitor systems.
- Consult with more senior analysts on application system features and functionality as defined in requirements.
- Under specific direction and guidance may perform basic unit testing of system or process enhancements / workflows. Complete testing documentation.
- Provide on call support for purposes of incident and problem management
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation used in supporting the system
- Engage in prompt and clear communications with users and customers regarding basic security incidents, events, and inquiries.
- Advocate for secure systems and processes whenever appropriate.
- Create and run Power Shell scripts monthly to clean up expired accounts. Communicate with HR and IS partners regarding these changes.
- Interface with customers and coworkers both within IS Security and in other IS departments to ensure procedures and policies are followed, using both verbal and written communication skills. Ensure user community understands and adheres to procedures to maintain security.
- Demonstrate familiarity with basic concepts of IS project management methodology and work as a team member by identifying tasks, work effort and timelines to complete them and reporting status of those activities to the manager, lead or project manager.
- Assist with other Identity and Access Management projects as assigned.
- BS/BA or applicable work experience with technical or applications systems.
- 0-2 years experience in information security or related technical experience in one or more aspects of information technology systems support.
- Works under direct supervision.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks so work is completed in an accurate, timely manner.
- Customer service & interpersonal skills to communicate with customers and collaborate with co-workers and members of other departments. Good written skills. Able to translate technical security terminology to non-technical staff.
- Understand more advanced security controls and principles regarding data storage, transmission and encryption.
- Familiar with concepts of project management and able to function as a project team member.
- Familiar with the basic concepts of Federal and State IS security and privacy related regulatory requirements, including HIPAA and PCI.
- Familiar with ITIL concepts and able to translate to operations security.
- Adapts quickly to changing business and technology needs.