What you’ll do:
- Provides support and follow-up to partners with hardware, phone, or other identified IS support items or process issues. Identify and address trends in support issues and address root cause.
- Be able to diagnose, repair, install and perform upgrades on all IS supported software and hardware according to SFI’s standard operating procedures. Focus on proactive support.
- Maintain communications with partners during the resolution process, taking ownership of partner request.
- Utilize the Service Desk application to track requests and complete on time.
- Communicate system outages to those affect at assigned plant(s).
- Provide 24x7-support for plant/region as needed.
- Coach and grow partners by setting performance expectations, providing feedback, addressing performance issues and rewarding good performance.
- Ensure IS Analysts are knowledgeable of other plants within the region as a development opportunity, backup support and for succession planning.
- Work with partners to grow their technical, business and leadership skills.
- Provide quarterly and annual performance assessments to direct reports.
- Provide leadership for a staff of 2-4 ISPS Analysts & Interns.
- Participate in hiring future partners for IS and for plant leaders.
- Participate in plant leadership events, meetings and tasks as requested by the plant manager.
- Keep the plant leaders up-to-date on IS projects, changes and value provided.
- Partner with the plant leadership team to develop better ways to run a production facility and raise and address issues as they come up.
- Assist with rollout of new processes, hardware or software. Provide direction to ISPS Analysts related to implementations.
- Create AR’s and closing documents assist partners with creating project requests.
- Work with contractors and engineers to ensure SFI policies are understood and followed.
- Provide solutions to engineers to meet their requirements for each initiative. Educate them on the information they need to provide to you.
- Communicate project status to IS and plant leaders.
- Manage AR’s from $1,500 to $200,000 with IS spending up to a million dollars on parts of other AR’s.
- Work with other ISPS Mangers to create strategic plans for IS plant support and implement.
- Understand the needs and requirements of the customer. Be able to document, evaluate options, pros/cons and make recommendations.
- Create IS documentation for plant supportprocesses that will make us successful in the future. Follow and demonstrate an understanding of information systems processes and best practices.
- Educate your direct reports on how their results feed into the successes of the ISPS strategic goals.
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, IS, Business or Related
- 3+ years experience in IS Systems Support experiencerequired
- Strong technical background, including knowledge of IS support methodologies and best practices.
- Fundamental systems and networking knowledge beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to prioritize for self and for team
- Able to work independently and be self motivated
- Current Partners: Must be in current role for a minimum of 2 years