This role is responsible for the overall IS communications strategy managing all activities related to the Information Services communications approach and delivery. This role will help drive success by developing, maintaining, governing and improving IS communications to meet the needs of this global organization according to best in class communication standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, execute and measure the global IS communications strategy including: defining objectives, success measures, audiences, key messages, channels, tactics, visuals/graphics, etc.
- Perform various communications responsibilities including: writing, editing, information gathering, content development, refreshing content, etc.
- Serve as communications lead for major IS change initiatives and crisis communications support (e.g. cyber security threats, major outages), collaborating closely with Corporate Communications.
- Manage IS communications channels and platforms such as Connect site(s) and communities, email broadcasts, newsletters and town halls.
- Own communications calendar aligned to the annual IS calendar of events, ensuring timing and messaging/talking point/presentation delivery.
- Collaborate with senior IS Leadership team to align messaging, talking points, and presentation content for critical initiatives to include employee communications, town hall meetings, and other key events and customer engagement efforts
- Support large Information Services meetings which may include driving / managing content and video creation, meeting collateral (e.g. posters, invitations, etc.).
- Serve as brand leader responsible for adherence to and promotion of the Stryker master brand within IS.
- Serve as advisor for IS in communications consultation, planning and best practice sharing.
- Assist project/program teams as needed with creation of content and assets according to corporate brand standards and templates to drive consistency of IS brand/voice.
- Ensure internal/external materials are reviewed and approved according to approval processes in place.
- Drive translations process as needed for various stakeholder groups.
Education & Special Trainings:
- Bachelor's degree required; English, communications, journalism, marketing, business preferred.
- CEB/Gartner Communications Black Belt certification is a plus.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design qualifications are essential.
- Relentlessly high standards regarding spelling, grammar, content, brand compliance, etc.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills and demonstrate solid project management and time management proficiency.
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media and creative content software a plus
- Self-starter. Should be able to generate original ideas in addition to assigned tasks.
- Relationship Builder – Builds and maintains relationships internally and with key stakeholder/customer groups that support and improve personal/team effectiveness. Ability to collaborate with different functional groups.
- Team player with responsive, customer-centric, solution-oriented approach.
- Innovation & Creativity – Develops and champions new ideas.
- Decision Making/Judgement – Selects effective approaches to solving issues, based on available information and business objectives.
- Exercise a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- 7+ years of work experience; communications, media/public relations, marketing, graphic design, or project management preferred.
- Previous experience working in a Corporate Communications role is a significant advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Organization & Strategic Agility. The successful candidate must have a high degree of situational awareness and ability to navigate complex issues and channels to successfully deliver solutions in partnership with business and IS leadership teams.
- High Energy & Stamina. Proven capabilities in persevering through cultural and political hurdles with balanced optimism to drive and deliver on managed service strategies / objectives.
Work From Home: NoTravel Percentage: Up to 25%Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.