8 - 10 years
Posted 116 days ago
1. Team Supervision – responsible for direct line management of a team, include status reporting and year end reviews.
2. Project Management – responsible for portfolio management including project estimation, resource allocation, budget, and RFP/RFIs.
3. Data Modeling – evaluate structured and unstructured data, determine the most appropriate schema for new fact tables, data marts, etc.
4. Data Integration – incorporate new business and system data into the CHOP Data Warehouse while maintaining enterprise best practices and adhering to data governance standards.
5. ETL – apply business rules to our data as we migrate from source to target using Informatica or scripting language. Validate data to ensure quality.
6. Reporting – collaborate with colleagues across the enterprise to scope requests. Extract data from various data sources, validate results, create relevant data visualizations, and share with requester. Develop dashboards and automate refreshes as appropriate.
7. Governance / Best Practices – adhere and contribute to enterprise data governance standards. Also educates and supports colleagues in best practices to ensure that data is used appropriately.
8. Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
9. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
10. Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources (including ground, hybrid cloud, and cloud) using SQL and various programming technologies.
11. Develop analytics tools that utilize data resources to provide actionable insights, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
12. Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Clinical, and Analyst teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
13. Develop optimized tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing projects into an innovative industry leader.
14. Proficient at integrating predictive and prescriptive models into applications and processes.
15. Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
16. Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
17. Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
18. A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
19. Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
20. Make recommendations about platform adoption, including technology integrations, application servers, libraries, and frameworks.
21. Strong communication, project management and organizational skills.
22. Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
23. Participate in a shared production on-call support model.
24. Be a critical part of a scrum team in an agile environment, ensuring the team successfully meets its deliverables each sprint
25. Server as a mentor for all Data Engineers.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Technology or related fields.
Required Experience: 8+ years of Data Engineering/Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing experience, preferably in a healthcare environment.
Required Certifications: Three (3) Certifications or proficiency in appropriate Data Science/Data Integration/Data Warehousing technology or subject domain.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
Preferred Experience: 15+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role