The IS Development Director provides leadership, strategic vision and management for all enterprise application systems and solutions to meet Schreiber Foods business needs. Responsible for directing all application development resources, defining software processes, techniques and tools, managing technology vendor relationships and facilitating cross-functional project teams that execute strategic Schreiber Foods initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Provide mid-year and annual performance summaries to direct reports.
- Coach and grow partners by setting performance expectations, mentoring, and providing feedback, addressing performance issues, and rewarding good performance.
- Effectively use and manage outside consultants.
- Build and nurture a high performing team.
- Play an active role with hiring future partners.
- Ensure the IS Development team is meeting or exceeding business/customer expectations.
- Manages department Indirect Fixed Cost budget and Capital Expenditure budget.
- Provide support (24x7 on-site and on-call) for production systems.
- Develop and communicate a vision for application development, technology and methodology.
- Work with senior leaders and form alliances on projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements/conflicts and vendor contract clarification.
- Actively participate in long-range strategy and policy development to address complex business issues; provide leadership to cross-functional teams.
- Influence company strategy and policy as it relates to production information systems.
- Direct information systems development and related organizational change to maximize the effectiveness of Schreiber Foods.
- Evaluates resource utilization to best leverage the team’s talent and grow and develop partners.
- Develops succession plans for key roles in the department.
- Plays an active role in prioritizing business systems projects.
- Implement a continuous improvement culture.
- Establish policies and goals for the IS department using industry best practices.
- Develop project plans and resource loading plans, following solid project management principles.
- Select, negotiate and work with software and consulting vendors.
- Plan and control development activities using development methodology to ensure the delivery of quality information systems on time and within budget.
- Lead project team leaders or other team members regarding project design, scheduling, and development of the project guidelines.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or related field
- 10 plus years of information systems experience of an increasingly complex nature
- 4 to 6 years in a management or leadership role including resource and project management experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience and skills
- Strong knowledge of application development processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teaming skills
- Ability to align with the business
- Solid project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage managers (desirable)
- Facilitation and negotiating skills
- Internal partners: 2 years in current role required
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program